Home Site Map

Go Back   Kitco Forums > The Markets > Palladium discussion group
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2012, 09:45 AM

Default Fractional Physical Palladium

There isn't much fractional physical palladium to choose from. I found a 1/2 oz Russian coin at the Prosident site, and yesterday I found this:

http://www.mtbcoins.com/code/bullion_platinum_21.html

I find it interesting that they mention: "...these bars are primarily designed for jewelry." I think that's the last thing I'd use those bars for.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:23 PM

IMO the '04-'05 1/2 oz pd Panda will Rule in upside potential for A Long Time, with only 8,000 of each yr

in bars, 10 1/10th stillwaters is my fav moneymaker

The link is pt libs, pd they show the regular pamp cornucopia gal (a Sweet bar that I quit buying @ 400, sold @ 6,7 & 800)

Last edited by merlinsword : 02-12-2012 at 10:31 PM. Reason: S S link
Old 02-12-2012, 11:06 PM

Thanks for catching my mistaken link. I meant to post a link to the palladium liberty 1 gram, and 5 gram . Thanks for the information on the other palladium bullion.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:49 AM

Pd market is a mess and is only getting worse. coins with 400 mintage going for spot. rounds with 10K's mintage double spot.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:05 PM

Default Nicely Understated !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifionlyhadsomegold View Post
Pd market is a mess and is only getting worse. coins with 400 mintage going for spot. rounds with 10K's mintage double spot.

Well Said . This is a buyers market in most instances. . .

I am getting bored with 'Russian Stockpile/no stockpile' crap. They were probably the ones who robbed Ford ($1,000+) back in the day, but the markets that aren't "flight to safe haven" driven (pt & pd) are getting killed on a regular basis: makes no sense
Old 02-26-2012, 09:45 PM

I purchased a 1/10th ozt. Stillwater palladium round for around $90. I was surprised by the size of it -it's larger then a dime whereas the same weight in gold is smaller then a dime. Also, to me Palladium, Silver and Platinum all look very similar with the exception of how silver tarnishes so much.

Last edited by SteelandSilver : 02-26-2012 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Added something
Old 02-27-2012, 07:13 PM

I was at one of my LCS 2 weeks ago and they had 2 russian fractional coins. One 1/2 oz and one 1/4 oz. I think they were priced reasonably - spot plus 5% but didn't buy them. Bought silver instead. Would you have bought them at that price or is that sort of the norm? Maples and even the bars carry higher premiums and they're 1 oz. You'd get fractionals for cheaper. Where can you get Pd for spot? I do not have any Pd in my stack...
Old 04-10-2012, 08:23 PM

I too am looking for some fractional, thread seems dead but thought i'd bump it up!
Old 04-11-2012, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srt52780 View Post
I too am looking for some fractional, thread seems dead but thought i'd bump it up!
Stillwater makes palladium in 1, 1/2, 1/4, and 1/10 oz sizes. (refined by Johnson Matthey)
They can be found on NWTM website, or the bay. If your only looking to buy 1 coin, the premiums will be very high on the bay.

Then there are the 1/2 ounce Russian Ballerinas I believe.
There was a member here on kitco who had one of these up for sale. Try the Buy/sell/trade thread and you might find something.

Other than that, there's not a whole lot else out there that hasn't been mentioned... either that or I just havn't been looking in the right spots. I know there are several old palladium coins that were used as money in some countries. Many of these carry numismatic premiums though.

Personally, I like the 1 ounce maple leafs, you don't have to deal with high premiums, and you get a highly recognizable coin.

Good luck!
Old 04-13-2012, 09:32 AM

IMO just cough up the cheddar for 1 oz pamps or maples. Fractional pd has by far the largest premium over spot in all pm categories.

Do it right the first time