Home Site Map

Go Back   Kitco Forums > The Markets > Silver discussion group
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2012, 06:25 PM

Default how big

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylons Ghost View Post
Not a Coin but it is Silver
How big is that thing, weight and dimensions????
Thanks
Sixer
Old 04-23-2012, 07:16 PM

This is "my" coin because: I own it; and, I made it.
It is big (63mm), 4 troy oz 999 silver (marked as such on edge).
To give an idea of scale, the central design is the same size as a typical 1-oz silver round (39mm). Final mintage was 25. Issue price was $375 (sold out in two weeks in January of this year).

This was my first hologram coin issue, and I've got a few things to perfect before I do another one.

Here is the basic info on the production process:
Each coin is struck on a single piece of solid silver. The center design is struck first, followed by the striking of the holographic border. The hologram applied to both sides of these coins is struck directly into the silver. No sticker, film, or coating is used. The surface is nothing but pure silver. Note that every coin will have some irregularities in the hologram area - such as ghosting of the numbers.

I consider it a "concept" barter token.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:06 PM

While 2 of my favorite coins are included thus far, since Snowman included 1958 Cad Totum Pole to celebrate British Columbia's anniversary. I have been a buyer of these lately, I'm surprised the Bay price hasn't increased substantially; as I have probably bought over 50% of available coins in the last 2 months.

I will include my 3rd All Time Favorite, that I wish would take over for the dated Maple Leaf. The "Canoe Reflection Scene," it's got everything including a play on the past when Canadian Silver Dollars had a Canoe on the back, starting in 1935 - 1967, with only 5 years that were not Canoes. This coin is alot like that Australian jumping Kangeroo. I bet we will see more reflection type coins due to their stunning Beauty. I wonder how the "Canoe Reflection Scene" would look with the Canoe and Boy and Indian done in Cameo with the back mirror reflection. Opposite the way it is now.

I wonder why Canada didn't have Silver dollars until 1935?
Old 04-24-2012, 05:07 PM

Default New Favorite

Look like I have a new favorite to carry around, my 1968 totem pole is going away. Seeing as I was born in the year of the dragon I thought I should have a couple in my collection.
sixer