Home Site Map

Go Back   Kitco Forums > Kitco > Troubleshooting and Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Troubleshooting and Suggestions Discuss any Kitco Forum related issues.

Old 04-23-2012, 02:53 AM

Default Buy sell trade suggestion

I didn't know that the forum had this section so I accidentally posted this suggestion under the silver part. Anyways here it is:

So in the buy sell trade part of the forum we have a lot of buyers sellers who are willing to ship and have items shipped to them. A lot of people would prefer to do these transactions face to face. I'm suggesting that we have a thread for each major city (New York, Toronto, Los Angeles, London, etc.) So that as members we can communicate with others who are in the same area and won't have to deal with shipping. Anyway, just a suggestion.

Thanks for taking the time to read it.
-Hawk
Old 04-23-2012, 02:46 PM

Maybe make it regional, like midwest, southeast etc. And a separate thread for each item for sale. Be much easier to scan for what I want.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:50 PM
Banned

Volume is light in the B/S/T area, so why complicate?
Old 04-24-2012, 04:36 PM

I feel like the reason the volume might be light is because it isn't user friendly. If it does become more use friendly, i feel that a lot of the people on the forum would buy/sell on it
Old 04-24-2012, 07:08 PM

It is a free service. Low maintenance and quiet. It works for those that use it. A lot of posters to this site do not want to meet other posters to this site. Anonymity is good.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:11 AM

Well at least a separate thread for each listing, having everything in one is not user friendly.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:36 AM
Banned Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
Well at least a separate thread for each listing, having everything in one is not user friendly.
Why? Just amend your user-cp options to make the posts more suited to the way you would like to view them.

Also, as jayjay says, most people don't want others to know their location or indeed approximate location.

H
Old 04-26-2012, 01:40 AM

If anything, actually meeting up with someone in an area close to you tells the person less about your exact location. As opposed to giving the person your address so that they can ship you the item.

I don't really know much about where the majority of users are from, so it might not be a worthwhile idea, just thought i would throw it out there for others to consider.