Home Site Map

Go Back   Kitco Forums > The Markets > Silver discussion group
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2012, 04:49 PM

Default what did morgans go for pre-2010

i think the question was/is what did morgans go for pre-2010 before the melt value caught up with the numi value. From what I remember most morgans in ok shape were still 2X$, more obviously for key dates/ms etc. When spot was about 5$/oz I remember buying halves for about 5-6$ and that was retail so maybe some more experienced stackers can weigh in on this.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:34 PM

Default a new source

i went to a local shop today that ive been to before but never bought dollars off him, i always buy his bars and rounds for $1.50 over. i asked to see his cull dollars and he pulls out a tray and says $26 each. i snapped up 1/2 of what he had because my buddy snapped up the other half. when i went to pay him it came out to $312 and he says $300 flat, i did not argue.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsule View Post
i think the question was/is what did morgans go for pre-2010 before the melt value caught up with the numi value. From what I remember most morgans in ok shape were still 2X$, more obviously for key dates/ms etc. When spot was about 5$/oz I remember buying halves for about 5-6$ and that was retail so maybe some more experienced stackers can weigh in on this.
How many times do I have to post this?

Here is a link that any one can reference: http://www.us-coin-values-advisor.co...1921.html#1921

Since spot hovered around $5/ozt for quite a while, paying $5 for halves was outrageous.

Last edited by jayjay : 08-09-2012 at 03:41 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:07 PM

thats the chart, thanks. and yes 5/half was outrageous but as a 3rd grader pre-internet and with no car, buying options were limited to a ben franklins which was a crafts type store that happened to carry coins and was my only lcs of sorts. besides, any amount of money i spent on 5$ halves beats all the money i spent on baseball cards
Old 04-27-2012, 05:42 PM

16 morgans at $25.50 each. highest premium over melt i have ever paid. (5%) just needed to scratch an itch
Old 04-27-2012, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPutz View Post
To those experienced silver stackers .........

When silver was about $10 / oz, what did an average Morgan and Peace silver dollar sell for?

Thanks .........
When spot was around 6 bucks you could buy an eagle for 8 bucks and the average morgan was 10 to 15 when spot moved to twenty dollars things changed.
When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they are not the leaders of the government nor do they control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes… Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.” – Napoleon Bonaparte, Emperor of France, 1815

$x1
Old 04-27-2012, 06:03 PM

it was just so much easier back then, the good ole days, and just a few years back.... i used to score X2-X5 weekly, great and large scores before the 2004-05 rise in POS.. then i think people started paying a bit of attention..No??

INCT

"It's not how much money you make, but how much money you keep, how hard it works for you, and how many generations you keep it for..."

"The greatest untapped source of motivation is a sense of service to others; focusing on the contribution of our work to other peoples’ lives has the potential to make us more productive than thinking about helping ourselves." (Give and Take, Adam Grant, University of Pennsylvania, 2013)