Home Site Map

Go Back   Kitco Forums > The Markets > The Economy, Banking, Markets and Global Stocks discussion group
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2012, 09:04 AM

Default the twist

that's the other operation twist. they twist the numbers around to be what looks better. didn't know they did it over there as bad as here. as you say people can just look around and read several local news sources and get a feel for the real picture. there must be some segments holding up well but not enough to make the whole economy positive.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coindog View Post
that's the other operation twist. they twist the numbers around to be what looks better. didn't know they did it over there as bad as here. as you say people can just look around and read several local news sources and get a feel for the real picture. there must be some segments holding up well but not enough to make the whole economy positive.
i hear Texas is doing OK..
Old 05-08-2012, 11:01 AM

Default bye bye dow 13000...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrysophilos View Post
I'd love to see the dow go up along with the US dollar...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hrysophilos

...but it ain't gonna happen...the dow was at 14000 in 2007 when the usdx was at 72, but when the usdx rallied to 89 by March 2009, the dow crashed and burned all the way down to 6500...you'd think that these clowns running the fed would catch on, but every time there's a whiff of a US economic recovery in the air, the US dollar rallies and ends up smothering any fleeting recovery in the US economy...then the fed head comes out and publicly wonders as to why the US economic recovery remains so sluggish...we've all seen that movie before...if this usdx rally continues, it won't be long before the dow crashes and burns again, compliments of bennie and the feds

Employers Added 120,000 Jobs in March, Fewest in Five Months

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-0...ve-months.html

...the biggest mistake of Obama's presidency was re-confirming bernanke for a second term...at this point, nothing short of Obama coming out and denouncing the US strong dollar policy, will be good enough to turn the fortunes of the US economy around before the November elections

...tick-tock...
...the US president is too clueless to know what's good for him...at this point, I'll go out on a limb and predict that obama has a snowball's chance in Hell of getting re-elected for a second term
Old 05-08-2012, 11:35 AM

Default Makes no difference...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrysophilos View Post
...the US president is too clueless to know what's good for him...at this point, I'll go out on a limb and predict that obama has a snowball's chance in Hell of getting re-elected for a second term
The bankers have bet on both nags.

The only thoroughbred in the race runs without their blessing.

"Like liberty, gold never stays were it is undervalued."

Limit politicians to two terms. One in office and one in jail.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Givemegold View Post
Not one bit, I was just pointing out that it is just more doom and gloom. There is a time coming when the boomers are going to retire. There will be lots of jobs then for everyone. Good paying ones also.

Business Owners Ready to Take the Money and Run
http://www.cnbc.com/id/47257121

"Small business owners who put off selling their businesses during a down economy are reconsidering in 2012.

A recent survey of business brokers around the country by BizBuySell found that 54 percent of respondents said that business-for-sale market conditions have improved in the first quarter of 2012; 58 percent of those surveyed said they expect that conditions will continue to improve throughout the year.

Among those signs: An increase in the number of interested buyers, along with an easing of lending restrictions that is making it easier for buyers to get financing.

That's good news for a cohort that has been waiting for conditions to improve.

“It’s the baby boomer phenomenon,” said Curtis Kroeker, general manager of BizBuySell, an online marketplace for buyers and sellers of small businesses and franchises. “There’s a big boomer group that’s ready to retire, and they’ve been waiting for conditions to get better before they sell.”

This is a great idea you are right!

Gold1650.70-11.70-0.7%
SILVER30.47-0.46

I mean silver is at December of 2010 levels. It has been on a down trend for over a year now. There is no way with many years of looking at charts would I invsest in silver right now. Because the chart says it is a huge risk. Looks like a major down tank is coming to me, but what do I know. But there is no way would I invest in a chart looking like this. Unless I was going to take a short position. But you can't do that when you buy physical, on a down tank you are stuck holding the physical without the option of shorting it. Why would anyone tell someone else to invest in something on a down trend, shouldn't he at least wait until a proven bottom, or at least think about a bottom first. I hear the pos is good at any level all the time from this forum. That to me is a foolish way of investing.
Well looks like I was right about the down tank. Go look at post number 505 in this thread. The down tank!
Old 05-09-2012, 05:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Well looks like I was right about the down tank. Go look at post number 505 in this thread. The down tank!
Where did everyone go? Did you think that if the dow goes down commodities would go up. It is the other way around when the commmodities go down, the initial stocks involved go down, but they other ones go up because they can show a profit on energy savings alone. FEDEX is happy, etc.......The down tank on commodities looks like it will continue until the qe comes, if not they might go down to like pre-bush levels. The good old days when oil was less than 30 dollars when clinton was in office. A 120 dollar increase in a short period of time with Bush isn't logical so therefor it is an orchestrated bubble. Bubbles pop regardless of intervention. It might be time for the commodities bubble to pop like the bubbles before then. What then when you have been preaching that a commodity was going to protect you from inflation and it doesn't. What then?
Old 05-09-2012, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Where did everyone go? Did you think that if the dow goes down commodities would go up. It is the other way around when the commmodities go down, the initial stocks involved go down, but they other ones go up because they can show a profit on energy savings alone. FEDEX is happy, etc.......The down tank on commodities looks like it will continue until the qe comes, if not they might go down to like pre-bush levels. The good old days when oil was less than 30 dollars when clinton was in office. A 120 dollar increase in a short period of time with Bush isn't logical so therefor it is an orchestrated bubble. Bubbles pop regardless of intervention. It might be time for the commodities bubble to pop like the bubbles before then. What then when you have been preaching that a commodity was going to protect you from inflation and it doesn't. What then?
You pontificate as if the paper markets have something to do with the real world. Well, I will concede they do, but only superficially. They do create artificial supply and demand, and "bubbles." If you have ever sat in a bathtub and let loose a good one, you have created a similar "bubble."

Regardless of what paper traders do, farmers still farm, miners still mine, refiners still refine, consumers still consume...you get the idea. Why do you try to interject logic into an illogical, fear and greed driven system?

As far as commodities protecting one from inflation, you are correct. They don't. However, I don't regard PMs as commodities, like corn or wheat or coffee are. I regard PMs as a real physical hedge against hyperinflation.

"Hyperinflation is caused by extremely rapid growth in the supply of paper money. They occur when the monetary and fiscal authorities of a nation regularly issue large quantities of money to pay for a large stream of government expenditures. In effect, inflation is a form of taxation in which the government gains at the expense of those who hold money while its value is declining. Hyperinflation is a very large taxation scheme."
Old 05-09-2012, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay View Post
You pontificate as if the paper markets have something to do with the real world. Well, I will concede they do, but only superficially. They do create artificial supply and demand, and "bubbles." If you have ever sat in a bathtub and let loose a good one, you have created a similar "bubble."

Regardless of what paper traders do, farmers still farm, miners still mine, refiners still refine, consumers still consume...you get the idea. Why do you try to interject logic into an illogical, fear and greed driven system?

As far as commodities protecting one from inflation, you are correct. They don't. However, I don't regard PMs as commodities, like corn or wheat or coffee are. I regard PMs as a real physical hedge against hyperinflation.

"Hyperinflation is caused by extremely rapid growth in the supply of paper money. They occur when the monetary and fiscal authorities of a nation regularly issue large quantities of money to pay for a large stream of government expenditures. In effect, inflation is a form of taxation in which the government gains at the expense of those who hold money while its value is declining. Hyperinflation is a very large taxation scheme."
^everybody here knows GMG just likes to talk up the stock market.. (almost like he has a REASON to!)
Old 05-10-2012, 10:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverone View Post
^everybody here knows GMG just likes to talk up the stock market.. (almost like he has a REASON to!)
Do be mad I called the down tank on silver and the euro. Sorry it happened that is why you shouldn't put all your eggs in one baskett. My friend has over 70 starts for houses this month, their is a waiting list now in some of these tracks. The market is taken off again. Those that don't see 6 months to one year ahead will be left behind.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:25 PM

$28.83 an ounce right now!