Home Site Map

Go Back   Kitco Forums > The Markets > The Economy, Banking, Markets and Global Stocks discussion group
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2012, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay View Post
I can't understand the acrimony against the Greek people. Or the French or German peoples either. This mess was created by spineless politicians pandering to every special interest and promising everything to everyone just to remain in power. I can't really blame the citizens for accepting the offers. After all, it is in our nature to do what's best for ourselves.

This is not isolated to Greece or the Euro Zone. This is going on throughout the world. Even China for goodness sake.

"No man is an island entire of itself; every man
is a piece of the continent, a part of the main;
if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe
is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as
well as a manor of thy friends or of thine
own were; any man's death diminishes me,
because I am involved in mankind.
And therefore never send to know for whom
the bell tolls; it tolls for thee."-------John Donne
excellent.,

it is funny., for a second were a world economy.., next its no big deal because were american..........QE3 or(some other title for it) coming soon., within the next week or two youll hear the announcement..
Old 05-16-2012, 04:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silken View Post
who pays for the bailout
The same people who will pay for ours will pay for theirs... NOBODY...

Austerity won't work...

If people are losing their jobs and instead of giving them money you take away from them, all you are doing is killing your economy.. I disagreed with Bush when he started this but in the end he had it right... Merkel is playing with fire... We will save Europe once more.. Watch closely because it's coming...

If the Germans don't like Greece and Portugal hey we will recruit them no problem... Forget the euro and the drachma here is the mighty Dollar baby...
Old 05-16-2012, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post
You need to relax!

Re-read my post 16! It wasn't an attack or snide comment on the good Greek people.

I'm merely saying that...if the government can't support the Greek pensioners and other social security commitments, people will migrate especially if they have dual citizenship.

It could be Greeks, or any other group of Ex Pats that have an "Entitlement" because they paid taxes in another country.

If I offended you Argiros, I apolgise.

H

yea I'm sorry too mate... but fak me... everyone seems to be an expert on Greek economics lately, and its been wearing my nerves. But I should not snap like that.

A frosty on me, cheers!

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize
-Voltaire

Stand tall... or dont stand at all
-Argiros
Old 05-17-2012, 09:39 AM

They better back their new currency with gold or silver if they don't want a total shˇtstorm. There's about $160B in bank deposits so that would mean... they had better get accumulating asap.