Home Site Map

Go Back   Kitco Forums > The Markets > Base metals, commodities and related stocks group
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2012, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenny_k View Post
Isn't copper slightly toxic? If you manipulate it all day then a part of it will go into your blood, then you'd have to take zinc to compensate it.
I used to roll hunt without wearing gloves. BIG MISTAKE. The skin on my finger tips literally fell off for about a month.

Now if I do it, I wear latex gloves. It's disgusting seeing how dirty they are just from sorting through 10 or so rolls.

Probably have about 150lbs of copper pennies, not including wheaties. That's probably another 80lbs or so. I don't do the 1 oz rounds though b/c the premiums are absurd. $18 for a lb when copper is under $4/lb????/ No thanks.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:26 PM

Skin on fingers might fall off but at least you will be mortgage free.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/07/0...-with-pennies/
Old 09-15-2012, 08:27 AM

I'm new to your board here n love it!!
Im a Silver stacker first (400+ TOz n counting), a copper hoarder second, a nickel scavenger third and unfortunitly a Gold saver forth(Too HIGH).

As far as saving the Pre-1982 Lincoln cents I started about a year ago and currently have $800 face neatly stacked in bank box bricks packed away in a closet... I'm totaly in the school of this is a no risk with potential future pay-off investment... I've been saving copper's from change and am one of those loony buyers who pays the .5 cent premium for already searched coppers...People with the Rodel machines God Bless... They turn a sligh profit n probably have fun doing it and I get to hoard copper Lincolns for what has averaged out to 1.5 per 1 cent face.. win-win for both sides... copper along with all commodities has spiked since the QE3 (copper cents up to 2.5 melt) just wonder if it's a short term bump n all will come back down? ... anyway, happy collecting / hoarding... Thanks for the great board.. need to go earn some fiats now.. read you all later
Old 09-20-2012, 08:06 AM

I see scrap copper is up $0.25 at $3.00 a lb.around me.