Home Site Map

Go Back   Kitco Forums > The Markets > Silver discussion group
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2012, 01:28 AM

I have three that I normally go to:

- one has mostly generic and art bars, cash only, nice service-good prices
- one has generic, but also the high premium stuff. pricey, wait in line for service. A bit detached, follows policy by the book...
- another that has virtually no selection, but lots of junk/generic at very reasonable prices. closest to where I live, negotiable

A good variety of shops I suppose. I like the first one the best
Old 02-03-2012, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverVixen View Post
I struggle. SilverFire is very very very lucky
its not a matter so much of luck as it is exposure, and frequency of buying, networking, and knowing the trade etc.....lcs's serve a purpose, and it is usually for them to prosper, pay employees and overhead, to make a profit.. we have dozens of sources with storefronts we frequent, they too need to profit to stay open, but pawns and thrifts and pickers are better than LCS's all day long, we are in a position after years where much of our silver comes to us..so i guess we are a lcs by definition...as are well developed relationships over years that allow silver to come to us, lcs's are the same...we should all foster this if we are true stackers...to us its a fun profitable hobby/ business, but we incorporated more then silver in our buys and trades, and it has paid off, ...

..it is far from struggle out there IMO..maybe its my geographical location, or economy of the region...silver is everywhere to be had here in CT... today we finally pick up a collection we have been working on, the seller a bit slow to part, but finally...it is large and diverse and heavy...
for all the hunters it should always be easy, and profitable also at times, otherwise online ordering is for most i guess... my LCS that i do trust, cause of volume i buy and sell him, offers me premium free purchases at times..but it is only one of many lcs's that do that for us...

INCT

.'INCT

"It's not how much money you make, but how much money you keep, how hard it works for you, and how many generations you keep it for..."

"The greatest untapped source of motivation is a sense of service to others; focusing on the contribution of our work to other peoplesí lives has the potential to make us more productive than thinking about helping ourselves." (Give and Take, Adam Grant, University of Pennsylvania, 2013)
Old 02-03-2012, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainsilverton View Post
its not a matter so much of luck as it is exposure, and frequency of buying, networking, and knowing the trade etc.....lcs's serve a purpose, and it is usually for them to prosper, pay employees and overhead, to make a profit.. we have dozens of sources with storefronts we frequent, they too need to profit to stay open, but pawns and thrifts and pickers are better than LCS's all day long, we are in a position after years where much of our silver comes to us..so i guess we are a lcs by definition...as are well developed relationships over years that allow silver to come to us, lcs's are the same...we should all foster this if we are true stackers...to us its a fun profitable hobby/ business, but we incorporated more then silver in our buys and trades, and it has paid off, ...

..it is far from struggle out there IMO..maybe its my geographical location, or economy of the region...silver is everywhere to be had here in CT... today we finally pick up a collection we have been working on, the seller a bit slow to part, but finally...it is large and diverse and heavy...
for all the hunters it should always be easy, and profitable also at times, otherwise online ordering is for most i guess... my LCS that i do trust, cause of volume i buy and sell him, offers me premium free purchases at times..but it is only one of many lcs's that do that for us...

INCT

.'INCT
Yeah, usually lcs's semi-ignore you at first, but once they start recognizing you as a steady buyer, you start getting preferential treatment. I get better deals, priority help, sodas, nicer generics (they know I like the englehards and always bust them out from "the back"), hold items for me, as well as let me pass if I'm short a couple bucks (on big purchases)

I pay them back by being a good, long term customer that is in/out quickly without much fanfare or hassle.