Home Site Map

Go Back   Kitco Forums > The Markets > Precious Metals Mining Stocks Discussion group
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2012, 07:36 PM

fwiw
I think the low at 3.12 is a good low
a rally to 4.30-4.50
a 50% pullback
4.80ish
then we find out just How good a low 3.12 is
jmo
Old 04-24-2012, 04:22 AM

nsu has had a two week rally off a potentially major low followed by a 4 week consolidation, with this being the 4th week.

so big whoop right...

that is what it did at the bottom in 2008
Old 04-24-2012, 04:30 PM

stock down 14 cents

feels like the bottom is ready to drop out

bought some more near the low of the day
Old 04-30-2012, 07:05 PM

For your consideration

Eritrea, the most repressive nation on Earth
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...IN7P1O8BC1.DTL
Old 05-01-2012, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
For your consideration

Eritrea, the most repressive nation on Earth
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...IN7P1O8BC1.DTL
without commenting directly on the article, which includes the accuracies and inaccuracies........

"Common thought" would dictate the stock should Clearly drop/or drop hard in here given the obviously negative news imo. So..the question here is....just what in the real world of thinking is common thought worth?

Again, from a thinking point of view, more accurately a "thinkers" point of view, I find it intellectually fascinating that this stuff comes out now when there is a good probability the stock is at an important trading low and will likely be rallying if one goes by the chart and just ignores the fundamentals. (I am not suggesting, in the markets one should Completely ignore the fundamentals btw... Nor should a fundamentalist be so narrowminded to suggest that one should completely ignore all the technicals, but that is another story)

THE question anyone interested in the financial markets needs to ask is....

Is this an anomoly or does this discrepency between fundamentals and technicals appear and reappear in the markets on a regular and normal basis?

Last edited by chartsrgood : 05-01-2012 at 01:13 AM.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chartsrgood View Post
without commenting directly on the article, which includes the accuracies and inaccuracies........

"Common thought" would dictate the stock should Clearly drop/or drop hard in here given the obviously negative news imo. So..the question here is....just what in the real world of thinking is common thought worth?

Again, from a thinking point of view, more accurately a "thinkers" point of view, I find it intellectually fascinating that this stuff comes out now when there is a good probability the stock is at an important trading low and will likely be rallying if one goes by the chart and just ignores the fundamentals. (I am not suggesting, in the markets one should Completely ignore the fundamentals btw... Nor should a fundamentalist be so narrowminded to suggest that one should completely ignore all the technicals, but that is another story)

THE question anyone interested in the financial markets needs to ask is....

Is this an anomoly or does this discrepency between fundamentals and technicals appear and reappear in the markets on a regular and normal basis?
Technicals will give you an idea of a good entry or selling point. For me, I am a fundamentalist. I am firstly concerned on the political risks that a one company mine has to face. Also, fundamentally the company's mine is only a gold producer for the first five years of production (from memory), and then it is a copper mine. Also I noticed when checking the stock price that vulture class action lawyers have also started circling overhead. Whether it be KGC or HL etc., once the lawyers get involved to protect the shareholder nothing good can come from it. Unless you are the vulture eyeing to compensate your wallet for your altruism of protecting the shareholder.

My apologies to vultures for the comparison.

Quote:
VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire -05/01/12)- Nevsun Resources Ltd. (NSU.TO - News)(NSU - News) plans to release its first quarter 2012 financial results on Wednesday May 9, 2012 pre-market open.
Best of luck on the investment. I do not have any skin in the game either way.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
Technicals will give you an idea of a good entry or selling point. For me, I am a fundamentalist. I am firstly concerned on the political risks that a one company mine has to face. Also, fundamentally the company's mine is only a gold producer for the first five years of production (from memory), and then it is a copper mine. Also I noticed when checking the stock price that vulture class action lawyers have also started circling overhead. Whether it be KGC or HL etc., once the lawyers get involved to protect the shareholder nothing good can come from it. Unless you are the vulture eyeing to compensate your wallet for your altruism of protecting the shareholder.

My apologies to vultures for the comparison.

Best of luck on the investment. I do not have any skin in the game either way.
You have cited some very good fundamental reasons to avoid the stock.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:19 PM

the stock looks to be in rally mode for awhile

would suggest to compare current time to the bottom in 2008

looks like on the weekly will hit middle Bollinger Band, maybe next week when earnings come out...

have a pull back and then make its way at least to the upper band wherever that band will be in a couple/few? months
then pull back to the middle band...at that point imo could be the crux of the matter for the golds whether they continue up or head back down again. my guess would be they continue up..but at this point who knows

the stock has also retraced, just about to the penny, 61.8% from the low in 2008 to the high in early 2011
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nsu weekly middle band.jpg (31.3 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by chartsrgood : 05-02-2012 at 03:33 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:54 PM

this stock imo is an excellent textbook example of the importance of Seriously looking at the technicals of stocks/commodities in general

given the fundamentals of the country...
UN sanctions
apparent CIA involvement
a brutal dictator
problems with at least one neighboring country, Ethiopia

makes it plain as day that one should avoid the stock

Last edited by chartsrgood : 05-02-2012 at 04:06 PM.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:09 PM

fwiw
so far...nsu made its low on 3/22

since then the hui has gone on to make 4 lower lows while this stock has held above the low of the 22nd