Home Site Map

Go Back   Kitco Forums > The Markets > Silver discussion group
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2012, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosirrahx View Post
There could be a debate if this thread was about whether or not it should be both, because I can spend silver money in many countries to buy devices with industrial silver in them.

If you were broke and I gave a tube of whatever, I guarantee you could afford dinner that night with a small portion of those coins.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadilac View Post
Good post, imagine a world with Africa and Russia as holding the P-family as part of their money backer whether nationalized or not. Cool world with all Countries commodity based.

Another thing never talked about here is the P-Family relies on a small market share: cars, hood fans, and a little bit of Asian Jewellery constitutes the industry vs Silver. I am so ultra pro Silver, for so many reasons just ask me or check my first post here. Which metal doesn't belong; a wheres Waldo kidz game.
And, what happens to platinum when the eventual discontinued use of catalytic and some other systems for cars happens? Uh Oh. Hope that Asian jewelry market can support it! Just bustin some balls.... I dont wan to get the Pt guys riled up so they come in here and start poking fun at our $35 dollar an oz gutter metal

Look - EVERY precious metal is precious for a reason. They are all special and appreciated. They all excel at their respective uses and make our lives better because of it.

That being said - Silver and gold are the "money" metals. Always have been, always will be. The other two just arent for this purpose.

... Let us bring him Silver and Gold!

Last edited by RoadLizard : 02-26-2012 at 12:11 AM.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:15 AM

If copper can be both so can silver.

Copper has been considered money for as long as silver and has been everything from eating utensils to electrical conduit to modern coins.

I had a platinum eagle once...didn't like it at all...looked like the old version of silver, dirty, dull etc...but it was stamped as coinage.

I agree with another poster, the multiple usages of silver will help it to keep it's value...for a long time.

Barack Hussein Obama
State of The Union Speech 2014
Old 02-26-2012, 12:18 AM

Everyone knows what Pt is.
Look at the new Budwieser commercial.
I can not repeat verbatim but it basically describes how man has for thousand years tried to turn lead into gold and we dreamed of turning gold into Pt.

Every person now a days wants a Pt wedding ring or engagement ring and since they just assume Pt is more than gold they chose white gold bands.
Yellow Gold is grandmas jewelry.

SHTF the last thing Ill be pulling out is PMs those that do will soon be relieved of there stacks. ( maybe a silver dime but more than a few of them will attract way to much attention)

I bet if we did a test in public at a mall and we had 3 coins one Pt, one Au and one Ag and asked the people which one is worth the most I bet 99.9 people will chose the Pt coin based off of name only and that to me says something.
Pt is a sleeper that the common person sees as the most valuable metal on the planet.
When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they are not the leaders of the government nor do they control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes… Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.” – Napoleon Bonaparte, Emperor of France, 1815

$x1

Last edited by SilverTongueDevil : 02-26-2012 at 12:28 AM.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadcatbouncedollar View Post
I am a true silver stacker - I am awaken. I believe in the fundamentals of silver (more than the technicals. However I am confused about one thing. Guys like David Morgan always say that "silver is money" - OK - agreed. we also all know that silver has an enormous amount of industrial applications and is getting more and more scarce. But what I dont agree with is the notion of its rising up because of BOTH being money and industry use..... I believe BOTH cases cannot exist simultaneously.

My one burning question: With an economic or currency collapse, It is believed that silver will be used as money.

SO then how can people use silver as "money" if it is being CONSUMED by industry every day? does it make sense that people will adopt a form of money that is also being consumed daily? This counters the true definition of what money really is?

if this is the case - then should we believe that silver will skyrocket becasue it is money? or a valuable and scarce industrial commodity? but NOT both

can anyone explain this ? I am right?
if gold is < $50/oz, it will be heavily used as industrial metal too.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chump Change View Post
If copper can be both so can silver.

Copper has been considered money for as long as silver and has been everything from eating utensils to electrical conduit to modern coins.

I had a platinum eagle once...didn't like it at all...looked like the old version of silver, dirty, dull etc...but it was stamped as coinage.

I agree with another poster, the multiple usages of silver will help it to keep it's value...for a long time.

Don't get me wrong I have my only usa account in {WITE} physical etf a 50% Silver and 25% 2 P-family at 25% each, but I need new cars or African problems/nationalization to profiteer.

One thing which is never mentioned is Platinium is way rarer than gold, and only found in limited regions,therefore not a monetary metal. Look at the old charts the p-family is cheap, but with discretionary income down beware, even know supposed huge year for autos and a 10+ year old fleet.

These P-Metal are alot like Silver where they will have their day.

Last edited by Chadilac : 02-26-2012 at 12:34 AM.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTongueDevil View Post
I can not repeat verbatim but it basically describes how man has for thousand years tried to turn lead into gold and we dreamed of turning gold into Pt.

Every person now a days wants a Pt wedding ring or engagement ring and since they just assume Pt is more than gold they chose white gold bands.

SHTF the last thing Ill be pulling out is PMs those that do will soon be relieved of there stacks. ( maybe a silver dime but more than a few of them will attract way to much attention)

I bet if we did a test in public at a mall and we had 3 coins one Pt, one Au and one Ag and asked the people which one is worth the most I bet 99.9 people will chose the Pt coin based off of name only and that to me says something.
Pt is a sleeper that the common person sees as the most valuable metal on the planet.

Are you kidding me the average shopping mall fool would choose Platinium, pass me a toke of that.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadilac View Post
Are you kidding me the average shopping mall fool would choose Platinium, pass me a toke of that.
Puff Puff pass hey I gots lots of hard cider too.
When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they are not the leaders of the government nor do they control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes… Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.” – Napoleon Bonaparte, Emperor of France, 1815

$x1
Old 02-26-2012, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTongueDevil View Post

I dunno about that. I bet most people would pick gold. A few might even say silver. It would be an interesting test. So would trying to pay for goods or services with coins made from each of the metals. That would be another tell-tale of what people view as money.

... Let us bring him Silver and Gold!
Old 02-26-2012, 01:46 AM

Yep maybe a Youtuber will see this post and make a vid for us....

$x1