Home Site Map

Go Back   Kitco Forums > The Markets > Precious Metals Mining Stocks Discussion group
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2012, 10:42 PM

Default rubicon (RMX on TSE)

volume of 15,423,000 vs 1,136,000 average on no news. Most came in last few minutes of trading and was selling driven as stock was positive almost all day but ended up negative 3%

Any thoughts?
Old 03-27-2012, 12:47 AM

IMO, Rubicon is a dog waiting to have it's day.
Who knows how long your $$ will sit there waiting for that day to happen?
Better off with a current producer that's growing like NGD or a streaming company like SLW or Sandstorm Gold.
BTW, NGD announced a shareholder rights plan today. That's usually a sign of something big potentially happening soon.

-- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old 03-28-2012, 05:31 PM

I think it depends what your objective is.

I would buy something like VGZ way before I'd buy Rubicon

I think there are better gold stocks to put your money in
Old 03-28-2012, 07:36 PM

I continue to buy at sub 3.50. Fully funded, fully permitted and great local next to Goldcorps premier mine. Decent upside and limited downside as long as gold price remains above $1,500. Franco Nevada and Agnico Eagle put up some money here also.

VANCOUVER, March 21, 2012 /CNW/ - Rubicon Minerals Corporation (RMX:TSX | RBY:NYSE-AMEX) ("Rubicon") is pleased to announce that the amendments to the Permit to Take Water, the Industrial Sewage Certificate of Approval and the Air Certificate of Approval, pertaining to its 100% owned Phoenix Gold Project located in the heart of the prolific Red Lake Gold district, have been accepted and approved by the Ontario Ministry of Environment. With these final approvals in hand, and combined with its existing Closure Plan, Rubicon is now fully permitted to develop, construct and operate a potential mining and milling facility for the Phoenix Gold Project in Red Lake, Ontario.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:58 PM

i assume your going long. it really comes down to how much upside one wants. does one want decent upside or great upside.

i don't count risk at these low levels. You either know the gold stocks are eventually going up in a major way or your not sure.

with gold stocks at these levels, I am pretty sure they are going up.

sure. the gold cartel may strike but as long as you got time and know the long trend, you just have to wait it out.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
i assume your going long. it really comes down to how much upside one wants. does one want decent upside or great upside.

i don't count risk at these low levels. You either know the gold stocks are eventually going up in a major way or your not sure.

with gold stocks at these levels, I am pretty sure they are going up.

sure. the gold cartel may strike but as long as you got time and know the long trend, you just have to wait it out.
Interesting concepts - Yes I am long gold and silver miners including the above, as I happen to agree with your opinions, currently. I am not married to any asset class or market direction and I certainly do not believe I know the future of a group of stocks.

"gold stocks at these levels I am pretty sure they are going up " I happen to agree but it is just an opinion that could be proven wrong
"as long as you know the long trend" people die eventually so time is important - also no one knows the long trend with certainty
" I don`t count risk at these low levels" - I always take into account risk of capital loss. It is just compared against the reward and the probabilities as best that can be forecasted.

"does one want decent upside or great upside" - easy question to answer but unfortunately it does not come for free - enter my old friend risk.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:00 AM

>I happen to agree but it is just an opinion that could be proven wrong

it is your opinion that it is an opinion. i am absolutely sure about it. i have done my homework.

people will say that many of the big questions of life can not be answered. that is not true.

there are the people who take the time to figure things out, others who cover up things and others who either don't care or don't take the time to figure out things. the overwhelming majority of the population fall into the latter group. they rather feel good than know the truth.

>people die eventually so time is important

absolutely agree with this point. only the powers that be know the timing.

>also no one knows the long trend with certainty

this is the easiest to discern for an investor whose has put enough effort in to figure it out.

the powers that be absolutely know the long trends. the powers that be are the only real wild card in this gold thing. they have an unlimited amount of dollar based monopoly money to play with.

>I always take into account risk of capital loss. It is just compared against the reward and the probabilities as best that can be forecasted.

makes sense

>enter my old friend risk.

there is perceived risk and real risk. some people can distinguish the former from the latter better than others. the risk is way less for these more sophisticated people.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
>I happen to agree but it is just an opinion that could be proven wrong

it is your opinion that it is an opinion. i am absolutely sure about it. i have done my homework.

people will say that many of the big questions of life can not be answered. that is not true.

there are the people who take the time to figure things out, others who cover up things and others who either don't care or don't take the time to figure out things. the overwhelming majority of the population fall into the latter group. they rather feel good than know the truth.

>people die eventually so time is important

absolutely agree with this point. only the powers that be know the timing.

>also no one knows the long trend with certainty

this is the easiest to discern for an investor whose has put enough effort in to figure it out.

the powers that be absolutely know the long trends. the powers that be are the only real wild card in this gold thing. they have an unlimited amount of dollar based monopoly money to play with.

>I always take into account risk of capital loss. It is just compared against the reward and the probabilities as best that can be forecasted.

makes sense

>enter my old friend risk.

there is perceived risk and real risk. some people can distinguish the former from the latter better than others. the risk is way less for these more sophisticated people.
1) Pride is one of the 7 deadly sins
2) The Doors had an appropriate lyric - the future is uncertain and the end is always near.

That being said, I sincerely hope you are right about the miners.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:36 PM

pride is definitely a negative term in my vocabulary. ego is also.

knowing and execution are two different abilities.

one can know something but still fail in the execution phase.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:30 AM

Been monitoring Rubicon closely as well. Shares won't go past $4 due to recent bought deal financing, that I get. Otherwise, great profile, recent drill results, etc. - yet lacklustre trading activity. Other than the usual gold price-affecting issues, what gives? Oversold territory?

Last edited by AUthatsmine : 04-05-2012 at 12:33 AM.