Home Site Map

Go Back   Kitco Forums > The Markets > Silver discussion group
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2012, 05:20 PM

Default Has Silver had it's legs broken?

It seams the G/S ratio is still on the rise with, IMHO, no relation to reality. I could see 20 maybe 25 to 1 but 53+ to 1 just doesn't jive with me. Then again I only know what I read (and hear from the usual folks). I think the whole thing has gone FUBAR at the request of the Fed, Treasury, ECB etc. to prevent true price discovery for (physical) silver and gold. Or maybe the sheep have bought into the Silver Is Not Money B/S. But who's numbers are real? Every indicator from the cpi, to unemployment is massaged. We don't even have a remote idea of M3 for goodness sake. And every time the ECB farts we crash. That doesn't even take into account effect of the Plunge Protection Team, without which we might not even be at Dow 9,000. I think this sideways stall is getting to me. The only thing I know is I'm going down with the Silver Ship! Overall I feel like I'm boxing 6 guys while blind folded and am getting the crap kicked out of my finances.

“I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.” – Barack Hussein Obama – Audacity of Hope Pages 260-261

Gold and Silver are money. everything else is credit"
The Honorable J. P. Morgan

Last edited by SilverSal : 04-24-2012 at 05:22 PM.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:32 PM

right your ship, be brave...i have been through it all since 1999 and all is well, batten down

INPA

"It's not how much money you make, but how much money you keep, how hard it works for you, and how many generations you keep it for..."

"The greatest untapped source of motivation is a sense of service to others; focusing on the contribution of our work to other peoples’ lives has the potential to make us more productive than thinking about helping ourselves." (Give and Take, Adam Grant, University of Pennsylvania, 2013)
Old 04-24-2012, 05:35 PM

You have N oz today. Unless you flinch, you'll have N oz tomorrow, and next month. That *should* be comforting.

Especially considering the best estimates of above ground investment Ag are in the neighborhood of 1 billion oz. With a world population of 9 billion, if you have more than 1/9th of an oz, then you're being a pig and are well ahead of the competition, so to speak.

It never was my thinking that made the big money for me. It always was my sitting. Got that? My sitting tight! It is no trick at all to be right on the market. You always find lots of early bulls in bull markets and early bears in bear markets. I've known many men who were right at exactly the right time, and began buying or selling stocks when prices were at the very level which should show the greatest profit. And their experience invariably matched mine--that is, they made no real money out of it. Men who can both be right and sit tight are uncommon."

Jesse Livermore

Gutting it out is, in a sense, earning it...
“The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime, and the punishment of his guilt.” - John Philpott Curran
Old 04-24-2012, 05:41 PM

Not sure about anyone's numbers but Silver has been holding its own very well.

Silver bottomed after the crash from $50 at $26ish and only staying there for a split second.. Any purchases made there had to be lightning fast and if you didnt buy at $26... anything in the high 20s was hard to catch as well.

Which leads us to now.. silver still above $30.

Legs broken? I think silver has strong legs right now.

Mathematically printing will occur - its a certainty. Right now we have our buying opportunity.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSal View Post
It seams the G/S ratio is still on the rise with, IMHO, no relation to reality. I could see 20 maybe 25 to 1 but 53+ to 1 just doesn't jive with me. Then again I only know what I read (and hear from the usual folks). I think the whole thing has gone FUBAR at the request of the Fed, Treasury, ECB etc. to prevent true price discovery for (physical) silver and gold. Or maybe the sheep have bought into the Silver Is Not Money B/S. But who's numbers are real? Every indicator from the cpi, to unemployment is massaged. We don't even have a remote idea of M3 for goodness sake. And every time the ECB farts we crash. That doesn't even take into account effect of the Plunge Protection Team, without which we might not even be at Dow 9,000. I think this sideways stall is getting to me. The only thing I know is I'm going down with the Silver Ship! Overall I feel like I'm boxing 6 guys while blind folded and am getting the crap kicked out of my finances.
What are you doing to get the crap kicked out of your finances? You shouldnt be investing everything you own into silver. Think of it more as "insurance" than an investment. Insurance against a government gone wild and printing money. Is i guaranteed to happen? no but there is a chance, just like there is a chance you could wreck your car or your house could burn down, both of which im sure you have insurance for.

I have bought silver in a range from $15-40 a oz, the vast majority of it was in the $28-32 range so im sittting comfortably. Sure it would be nice if silver shot up to $40 a oz, but at $31.80 im not hurting either.

I know its frustrating knowing what the price of PMs should but the longer they are suppressed the higher they will shoot when it finally all comes undone.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:57 PM

My goodness. So much jargon. So many acronyms and buzz words. If this little lull has you more nervous than a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs, perhaps silver isn't for you. Maybe you should put your disposable cash into some nice safe CD, or MMF.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:13 PM

I wouldn't say silvers legs are broken but I do see a continuation to GSR near 75:1.

Keeping it simple with the Eagles, Maples and Krugs....

http://www.ecigalternative.com/quit-...r.php?key=8674
Old 04-24-2012, 07:24 PM

I felt like this in 08 and 09 so nothing new to me.
When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they are not the leaders of the government nor do they control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes… Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.” – Napoleon Bonaparte, Emperor of France, 1815

$x1
Old 04-24-2012, 07:30 PM

Default Started in 09

Yea I've been through some stuff too. (thanks for the encouragement BTW) but it used to be one raid every few months. Now it seems like a steady slow grind.
I should know better. SWCroaker, I printed your post and taped it to the computer. I have no ozs, I have no worries.

“I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.” – Barack Hussein Obama – Audacity of Hope Pages 260-261

Gold and Silver are money. everything else is credit"
The Honorable J. P. Morgan
Old 04-24-2012, 07:50 PM

Actually 09 was a knife fight it was not a easy year to read and there was huge swings and most just walked away or sold and left instead of stacking on..
Most only see 09 chart and see the ups and down a few remember or know what kind of a knife fight it was crazy sells one day ,crazy premiums the next....
Lots of shortages and lots of surplus...
So what did most do they stood back and watched or were totally bearish or sold and walked away.
To me 2012 has been a bore and that in itself is a deadly weapon..
When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they are not the leaders of the government nor do they control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes… Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.” – Napoleon Bonaparte, Emperor of France, 1815

$x1