Home Site Map

Go Back   Kitco Forums > The Markets > Rhodium discussion group
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2008, 11:16 PM

Default Hommel calls Silver beyond $8000/oz in less than 15 years.

Just got Hommels latest email.

He calls Silver beyond $8000/oz in less than 15 years.

Big call!
Old 06-05-2008, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dojufitz View Post
Just got Hommels latest email.

He calls Silver beyond $8000/oz in less than 15 years.

Big call!
I'm in for a Kitco Forum party if that's true, this time Monaco or Provence, provided that $8000 gets you more than a movie ticket with popcorn or a pound of that very delicious GG gourmet coffee.

And I think I'm sirius
Old 06-05-2008, 11:30 PM

Where the heck is GG anyway?
Old 06-05-2008, 11:32 PM

Thats the thing about Hommel - he doesn't seem to think high Gold/Silver prices will affect average people

- i quote him

There are simply too many doomers and gloomers who think that if gold and silver go up, it will be bad for the economy--because that's what we've been taught by the central bankers who run everything. But that's nonsense! A high silver price creates wealth, but not for bankers, but for mine owners! Gold is a pure luxury item. How could it possibly hurt the average man if it's price goes up? Ask yourself, who would be hurt by higher gold prices? Only bankers, paper money counterfeiters, and gold debtors!'
Old 06-05-2008, 11:40 PM

$8000 silver? BWAHHAHAHAHA,OMG, Hommel has lost it entirely! I shudder to think what kind of world that could even be possible in. Even assuming it's true, in 15 years, my idea of a party will probably be an extra bowl of bran flakes and a shot of Geritol Plus for breakfast . At that point, you young folks will be the ones to benefit or suffer by/for it.Enjoy that silver

Last edited by Feral child : 06-05-2008 at 11:42 PM. Reason: spelling- I can't spell while laughing
Old 06-05-2008, 11:41 PM

Default Ask yourself first

Quote:
Thats the thing about Hommel - he doesn't seem to think high Gold/Silver prices will affect average people

- i quote him

There are simply too many doomers and gloomers who think that if gold and silver go up, it will be bad for the economy--because that's what we've been taught by the central bankers who run everything. But that's nonsense! A high silver price creates wealth, but not for bankers, but for mine owners! Gold is a pure luxury item. How could it possibly hurt the average man if it's price goes up? Ask yourself, who would be hurt by higher gold prices? Only bankers, paper money counterfeiters, and gold debtors!'
In the first place, why silver is at 8000. This call for big crises, cause by people rushing into PM. Otherwise why 8000.?

8000 silver call for great financial disaster. So how can average man survive.

I think Hommel like 8000 so he can be rich, so am i, but i prefer 3 figure will be more than enough for me to prosper and the man on the road to survive.

(Abraham Lincoln)

What i post is what i have read and learn from elsewhere, and not from my own making.
My posts are purely my personnal opinion and not for trading. Pls DYODD
Old 06-05-2008, 11:43 PM

Quote:

- i quote him

I see this as a misunderstanding. If gold/silver goes up drastically, it is just the honest reaction to a failing currency. The average person will be affected by the same conditions that caused PM to go up, but not directly by the price of PMs.

Or, did I read it incorrectly?
Old 06-05-2008, 11:44 PM

Quote:
How could it possibly hurt the average man if it's price goes up? Ask yourself, who would be hurt by higher gold prices? Only bankers, paper money counterfeiters, and gold debtors!'
Hmmmm...interesting prediction. But I've heard similar from him before.

If the reason silver goes this high is because of inflation, then cash will be as good as TP.

What about those historical ratios of silver to gasoline/bread/milk etc. and how it's been the same since the 1950s? If nothing else affects the price of silver, what's bread and gas going to cost?

I didn't read his email, but he must think there is going to be much more industrial/investment demand, right? I mean, I guess one day, if every American realizes it's important to hold at least 500 oz of silver as savings, then I guess I could see silver going MUCH higer...

I don't know about $8k though. What are his reasons for this in his email?
Old 06-06-2008, 12:16 AM

Wink Original Letter from Jason Hommel with permission to reproduce...

http://www.silverstockreport.com/email/speech.html

Old 06-06-2008, 12:20 AM

so where does this magic number of $8000 come from?

why not $9000?

....while we're on a roll, lets make it an even $10,000.....

....yeah, $10,000 looks nice....much better