Home Site Map

Go Back   Kitco Forums > The Markets > Platinum discussion group
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2008, 09:19 AM

Default Platinum will rise long term

Platinum is good for long term - not short term.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:32 AM

I agree. Platinum and palladium should do well in future. For now I prefer silver but in a couple of years I plan to switch back to palladium, which is undervalued along with Pt.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:31 AM

I should have cashed out at 2300.. I need advice.. i bought it at 640.. should i cash out or hold... i thinking hold and buy more silver
Old 08-01-2008, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVPMs View Post
I should have cashed out at 2300.. I need advice.. i bought it at 640.. should i cash out or hold... i thinking hold and buy more silver
Hindsight is always a burn, but having bought in at $640, I sure wouldn't be in any hurry to get out. Personally, I think silver is going to show some serious upside before the new year arrives, but that's just a gut feeling.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:34 AM

Default Who Knows

All I see is down 6 frickin percent today. What could spark that kind of race for the exits? I say, ouch.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:57 AM

Im so pissed..
Anyone here think inflationary pressures will drive the price of PT back up???
Old 08-01-2008, 10:17 AM

Okay, my plan is this ( and i would really like input) August 6 there might be a strike in SA with the mining companies. i plan on holding until this point and, if no strike happens Ill cash out.. ( i dont see the US economy recovering anytime soon, and frankly i think the car industry is going to go to shit ( along with everythign else) selling 186 ounces will give me a nice hefty profit and the majority will be pumped into silver
Old 08-01-2008, 11:02 AM

Default Wow!

Quote:
Okay, my plan is this ( and i would really like input) August 6 there might be a strike in SA with the mining companies. i plan on holding until this point and, if no strike happens Ill cash out.. ( i dont see the US economy recovering anytime soon, and frankly i think the car industry is going to go to shit ( along with everythign else) selling 186 ounces will give me a nice hefty profit and the majority will be pumped into silver
You're gonna have a nasty-big capital gains tax there, pardner!

Old 08-01-2008, 11:40 AM

How much is the capital tax in Canada...
The PMs are also in my wifes name ( she doesnt work due to disability) and has no income...I guess my question will be how to get the most out of my profits??
Old 08-01-2008, 01:29 PM

Quote:
i would cash out enough to recover my original investment and maybe an extra percentage for each year i held it..
then let the rest hang tight til the market goes up again..
you are elegible for making 1000k per coin.. go for it..nothing wrong with profits.
... along time back i bought platinum at 389 gold was 253 right before around y2k era.. and i did sell to make some profits.. but when i think about it now i would have HELD it..
noone knows for sure... but at least get back your origninal investment plus some..
just my 3cents worth..