Home Site Map

Go Back   Kitco Forums > The Markets > Gold discussion group
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranbyrd View Post
Any further thots on YEN? YCL OR YCS - that is the question!!!
I'll chime in, as I said last week the Yen was topping and I bought the YCS (double Yen short ETF) at 14.61. Looks cooked and fried to me long term.

MK
Old 03-21-2011, 10:30 AM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynot2k View Post
Your post of this info was placed in the Questions to Cyclist thread. As it was not a question it was removed.

The Questions to Cyclist thread was started at the request of both you and cyclist... approved by Kitco admin to be a thread where members may post questions to cyclist and receive answers from him in a manner such that they don't get lost.

Many members have expressed, by contact to Kitco admin, concern and complained that this equates to special treatment for cyclist. The fact is that the thread is there under the thread rules, again at your own request, for the benefit of the members and not for cyclist... so the concern and complaints have been addressed to those making them as such.

However to allow one or two members to make comments that are not questions in the thread while most members non-questions are removed would get into the area of special treatment.

That is why your post was removed.

It is more work for moderators to deal with the current thread rules but it is felt that it is worthwhile for members to be able to find answers to previously asked questions.

It is hoped that you can understand this.
Ynot2k ... no problem - it's ok, as I have stated. It's the other side of the coin - which tends to get lost - so I posted it, in expectation that it was moved eventually into either the other thread or mine ...

Anyway - no problem at all.

And there's also no need to get angry - for nobody. The Moderators don't deserve it - they just do their job, as well as possible.
It was my wrong doing - no doubt.

Besides that becoming angry is not a solution and just leads to imbalance.
Instead one has to go ahead. In peace.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalsKing View Post
I'll chime in, as I said last week the Yen was topping and I bought the YCS (double Yen short ETF) at 14.61. Looks cooked and fried to me long term.

MK
Thanks MK for your comments (I look forward to your posts!)
Old 03-21-2011, 10:42 AM

Let me preface this my saying I am not going to short gold or silver or sell my long term core holding, but I'm looking for a possible important gold and silver top. I am avoiding this sector, especially the mining stocks, except for that long term core holding which I have been in for 8-10 years.

MK
Old 03-21-2011, 10:47 AM

Thanks AGH

Last edited by ynot2k : 03-21-2011 at 01:48 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoldhamster View Post
Very good volume for gold and silver stocks and especially because most of it was BUYING volume into the close.
Also ACROSS the board!

And silver closing near the intraday highs.
Predicting a BIG move north for PMs on Monday.
Also USO very good buying into the close.
So likely also Brent and Crude rallying on Monday.
Does this mean the negative astrological forecast of the Jupiter-Saturn opposition in effect from March to early April, and the supermoon (3/16-3/22) are no longer in play?

Large gaps in gold and silver from last night's open will need to be filled sooner rather than later. Gold back to $1420ish.

Numisgold

Last edited by Numisgold : 03-21-2011 at 01:28 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:12 AM

Default Ycs

Hey AGH,

Could You please explain to me (newbie) how YCS works?

If I have understand it correctly: for every % the Yen drops in reference to the USD the ETF will rise 2%...
So in other words you go short on the Yen... or long on the usd in reference of the Yen. Correct?

Thanks!
Old 03-21-2011, 11:20 AM

G,

I saw your question for cyclist ref europeans buying something like a farm. I myself have been waiting to buy having sold before prices really fell. I have been holding out for a full crash in property much like the US have seen but am starting to doubt that it will come.

I think that QE was a huge spanner in the works and that low base rates have propped prices up thus far. I also am beginning to expect that low interest rates (base rate) will remain for a long time.

With ever higher real interest eating away at my cash and mortgage rates increasing I am beginning to think that now may well be the time to start seriously looking to buy. What worries me though is that I buy too early and then a crash does come along.

With what cyclist is saying it looks like there is a coming market crash in the summer which should also cause house/land prices to plummet as it did end of 2008.

What do you think, a prices gonna fall? is buying soon worth the risk anyway?
Old 03-21-2011, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqrgargbargb View Post
G,

I saw your question for cyclist ref europeans buying something like a farm. I myself have been waiting to buy having sold before prices really fell. I have been holding out for a full crash in property much like the US have seen but am starting to doubt that it will come.

I think that QE was a huge spanner in the works and that low base rates have propped prices up thus far. I also am beginning to expect that low interest rates (base rate) will remain for a long time.

With ever higher real interest eating away at my cash and mortgage rates increasing I am beginning to think that now may well be the time to start seriously looking to buy. What worries me though is that I buy too early and then a crash does come along.

With what cyclist is saying it looks like there is a coming market crash in the summer which should also cause house/land prices to plummet as it did end of 2008.

What do you think, a prices gonna fall? is buying soon worth the risk anyway?
existing home sales were reported today for U.S. and were down 5.2% to a new low - lowest level since April 2002 for national median. I'm guessing they fall through summer and into Fall/Winter

MK

Last edited by MetalsKing : 03-21-2011 at 02:37 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalsKing View Post
existing home sales were reported today for U.S. and were down 5.2% to a new low - lowest level since April 2000 for national median. I'm guessing they fall through summer and into Fall/Winter

MK
but in the US it is millions of reposesions that have driven prices down. That wont happen here, the government will bankrupt the country rather than let it happen. The bubble is being kept alive at all and any cost, people on less than 40k a year are still entitled to benefits .

also, US prices arent actually that cheap in sterling terms since the took such a dive. I reckon that with the quoted average being $159k (96k) that would be about right but the government has kept us way off and the national average is still 162k (over 6 times the average wage)

I think that they may be able to keep prices high long enough for my savings to be ravaged by inflation.
Closed Thread