Home Site Map

Go Back   Kitco Forums > The Markets > Gold discussion group
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVPMs View Post
Its best to hold on for the long run Carssman and wait for the final big move...
Money is made in the big move not the little intraday swings...
Best to be in gold and silver stocks until then.
Cheers,
Best to have a core of physical all Metals going forward and yes, to have balls playing the juniors as they can be very emotional.

The volume it trickling back into the juniors this past week and I feel a run is underway and will probably continue to July. I may liquidate then and wait for the end of Oct to put back in.

All depends on how this Major June turn date is going to play out.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carssman1 View Post
Best to have a core of physical all Metals going forward and yes, to have balls playing the juniors as they can be very emotional.

The volume it trickling back into the juniors this past week and I feel a run is underway and will probably continue to July. I may liquidate then and wait for the end of Oct to put back in.

All depends on how this Major June turn date is going to play out.
You dont need to be heavily invested in juniors. pick a few of them then pick a really good silver producer invest your monies into it and let it ride. the profits you make from the silver producer should then go into a junior later down the road.
For instance, while everyone was wondering why the juniors werent moving i was invested in SLW, made over 40 some odd K on it. Some of it went into a junior the rest of it went (along with extra capital from other trades) went into buying 12000 shares of edr... once that breaks out again ill make more profits and invest it again... rinse and repeat.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:17 AM

Quote:
You dont need to be heavily invested in juniors. pick a few of them then pick a really good silver producer invest your monies into it and let it ride. the profits you make from the silver producer should then go into a junior later down the road.
For instance, while everyone was wondering why the juniors werent moving i was invested in SLW, made over 40 some odd K on it. Some of it went into a junior the rest of it went (along with extra capital from other trades) went into buying 12000 shares of edr... once that breaks out again ill make more profits and invest it again... rinse and repeat.
Very nice play!

I should do this, In your opinion, what is a good producer at the moment? Both EDR and SLW seem to be riding tops. I wish to keep it on the canadian exchange.

Thanks ILUVPM's
Old 03-31-2011, 11:17 AM

That is because short term trading is dead due to computer automation trading. This is not a tough market if you see the big picture bull market that we are in and rebalance positions. I am looking at my 3rd year in a row with 90%+ gains, but I don't try to compete against non-humans

Quote:
Originally Posted by petruchio2100 View Post
very tough markets to call lately. mostly standing aside for now. any short-term trader have an opinion on thermal1 youtube videos? seems like decent introductory technical analysis to me, have learned a few things....
Old 03-31-2011, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Very nice play!

I should do this, In your opinion, what is a good producer at the moment? Both EDR and SLW seem to be riding tops. I wish to keep it on the canadian exchange.

Thanks ILUVPM's
Well, IMO EDR has not been riding a top... these prices will seem really cheap in the near future... Remember ALEXCO?? take a look at that chart and that silver miner... it use to be a couple of dollars and then blew up.... this is very characteristic of the silver miners. Great panther is another one that blew up...
IMO.. stick to SLW, or EDR (which has NO DEBT) or GLP... wait for a really good pullback.. EDR went to 8 dollars during the last correction - that would have been a good time to jump in!
Old 03-31-2011, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbeard View Post
That is because short term trading is dead due to computer automation trading. This is not a tough market if you see the big picture bull market that we are in and rebalance positions. I am looking at my 3rd year in a row with 90%+ gains, but I don't try to compete against non-humans

These markets are not difficult at all... big picture is the key.. simple and sound message GREEN!
Old 03-31-2011, 11:25 AM

Nice moves today in Rangold and Rubicon. Sold my Rby on today's news of the updated "inferred" resource estimate that only changed about -10%. Interesting how it gave up that entire 50% November gain and then some over the past 5 months. Rangold completed 5 waves down last week. The news today by the CEO that production is going along as forecasted seems to have quelled the fears of those who were rightly concerned about the "war" going on around them. Rangold finally broke above it's 6 point down channel.

Gold miners overall a bit lackluster considering gold is knocking on $1440 and silver at $38. Plat and Pall doing good. Even copper seems to be holding a double bottom for now. GSR hanging tight around 38.0. Both gold and silver now coming up to completing cups over the past week. They could break out above those necklines or add some handles right now. Interesting expanding wedge in silver over the past 8 hours.

Numisgold

Last edited by Numisgold : 03-31-2011 at 11:29 AM.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Well, IMO EDR has not been riding a top... these prices will seem really cheap in the near future... Remember ALEXCO?? take a look at that chart and that silver miner... it use to be a couple of dollars and then blew up.... this is very characteristic of the silver miners. Great panther is another one that blew up...
IMO.. stick to SLW, or EDR (which has NO DEBT) or GLP... wait for a really good pullback.. EDR went to 8 dollars during the last correction - that would have been a good time to jump in!
Thanks a ton, I like this strat and will keep my eye on a good entry point,

So far I have been rinsing and repeating with some of the juniors,

If you think Cyclist will be right on the money about Gold outperforming silver in the later months, would it not be wise to maybe pick up some gravy gold producing stock instead?

Thanks again
Old 03-31-2011, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Thanks a ton, I like this strat and will keep my eye on a good entry point,

So far I have been rinsing and repeating with some of the juniors,

If you think Cyclist will be right on the money about Gold outperforming silver in the later months, would it not be wise to maybe pick up some gravy gold producing stock instead?

Thanks again
He is too vague to understand so I pay no attention. I believe that silver will outshine gold for the next two years. It was underperforming for the past two years and will now play catch up. Have a balanced portfolio but weighing a bit more on silver and you should do well.
have you heard of bill downey... read him and subscribe to him..
Gold always makes a run in april and may.... no biggie.. its seasonal.. silver will do the same and have its blow off top.. im looking for 46-50...

Last edited by ILUVPMs : 03-31-2011 at 11:34 AM.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:40 AM

Quote:
He is too vague to understand so I pay no attention. I believe that silver will outshine gold for the next two years. It was underperforming for the past two years and will now play catch up. Have a balanced portfolio but weighing a bit more on silver and you should do well.
That is exactly how I have been playing it to date. Even with the Juniors, I did hold more silver plays over the gold ones and they have done me well.

As far as my physical holdings, I haven't dabbled at all with Gold until just recently. More so to lock in some profits with Silver. (ratio swap)

But my recent ordering of silver has me quite heavy on the silver side of things, and I do hold a modest stack of both PD and PT.

I am stuck on what to do with my PGM's at the moment, I already sold half my metal when I doubled (or just about) last year (April to be exact) and have been riding the "houses" money I guess you could say. I am a bit worried though, with their epic runs the past 2 years and a toppy stockmarket, I may swap them over for some gold, just to be a little safer and protect my gains.

They can fall very hard and swift, as they have so in the past, and PD is really far in no mans land at the moment.
Closed Thread