Home Site Map

Go Back   Kitco Forums > The Markets > Gold discussion group
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 05:56 AM

AGH, good stuff on the corporate bonds, which show the liquidity problems(or from extreme overbought), but these problems worsening can transfer to the long bond, causing it to fall
Old 10-03-2009, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayson View Post
AGH, good stuff on the corporate bonds, which show the liquidity problems(or from extreme overbought), but these problems worsening can transfer to the long bond, causing it to fall
GD

I agree with you on equities, not sure about gold, but I think Yen will be a big winner if we get the October equity effect.
Old 10-03-2009, 03:02 PM

Really sweet looking dog - and thanks for the charts, great work
Old 10-03-2009, 05:14 PM

How much credence do you give at this point to McHugh's expectation of wave E up?
Old 10-04-2009, 04:41 PM

Default Reports

Hello
From time to time I hear about Reports witch affect the price of gold or dollar
I searched the treasury department site for a schedule for all reports but in vain
I found a weak one witch not contain all reports

Please help to know the schedule of those Reports
Old 10-04-2009, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsea View Post
Hello
From time to time I hear about Reports witch affect the price of gold or dollar
I searched the treasury department site for a schedule for all reports but in vain
I found a weak one witch not contain all reports

Please help to know the schedule of those Reports
not sure exactly you are after, this any use? http://www.forexfactory.com/calendar.php
Old 10-06-2009, 12:27 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon7 View Post
How much credence do you give at this point to McHugh's expectation of wave E up?

McHugh, so far, has been amazingly accurate.
So good chance he's right again.

The jury is still out - either Cyclist will be right with november turning point - or UCT. And one of them will be wrong. No other way.
Old 10-06-2009, 01:09 PM

Cool

Gold went much higher today and in recent days.

Was another example why you MUST have a considerable core.
Just that you know what i'm talking about: my coins are over 6-fold of what i have in trading capital (NAV).

You can't be right all the time - especially in shortterm swings. Hence you have the core - not to be fooled by traps and false swings. It's that simple.
Bought my first coins at euro 270. Sold only once - and even that was an error. Since that time (few years earlier) - no more sell.

Paying nicely - and taxfree.

As for the trading account - there the main goal is to limit losses and make profits from shortterm to mediumterm swings.
As i was at work - no trading in gold and silver. And now i see it much higher. Though no tears. That's the way you must treat the shortterm account. Protecting capital. Period.

But just went short DAX and DOW with stops above todays highs.
And bought a good bunch of puts again. oct, dec and march.
Volume today and yesterday in SPY again dissappointing. Distribution taking place imho - with da boyz again unloading at the best available prices.
Old 10-06-2009, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoldhamster View Post
Gold went much higher today and in recent days.

Was another example why you MUST have a considerable core.
Just that you know what i'm talking about: my coins are over 6-fold of what i have in trading capital (NAV).

You can't be right all the time - especially in shortterm swings. Hence you have the core - not to be fooled by traps and false swings. It's that simple.
Bought my first coins at euro 270. Sold only once - and even that was an error. Since that time (few years earlier) - no more sell.

Paying nicely - and taxfree.

As for the trading account - there the main goal is to limit losses and make profits from shortterm to mediumterm swings.
As i was at work - no trading in gold and silver. And now i see it much higher. Though no tears. That's the way you must treat the shortterm account. Protecting capital. Period.

But just went short DAX and DOW with stops above todays highs.
And bought a good bunch of puts again. oct, dec and march.
Volume today and yesterday in SPY again dissappointing. Distribution taking place imho - with da boyz again unloading at the best available prices.
Your wisdom is always a comfort here, AGH. You are always so balanced. As soon as this rally dies down, I plan to increase my physical holdings and limit the amount I trade in and out of.

Hope that puppy is doing well!
Old 10-06-2009, 01:22 PM

Cool

October 10th is an UCT low (after 26th sept the last high) ... for EURJPY, one of the most important currency pairs and NY fed tool, the cycles again fitting nicely. Smoothly grinding lower.

As i see it: equities we are coming closer and closer to the point of reappearance of hindenburg omens.

AND: forget about stock markets as mirrors for what is going on in economies.
Stock markets are vehicles where there are tons of pension funds. And the more da boyz are in power - the more they will support pension funds.
Bancrupt pension funds would be the worst what can happen. To the leading establishment - speak ruling parties. Hence to support equities is absolutely crucial and a main goal.
Again - EURJPY tells the truth behind the tricks.
Once it starts breaking down - the liquidity issue is again on top of the leading market forces. That will be the time to be again in the markets. Bigtime. Until then patience is required - and shortterm swing trading. Go with the flow.