Home Site Map

Go Back   Kitco Forums > The Markets > Gold discussion group
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2012, 02:54 PM

I think if the $hui climbs back above the 200dma this month, the bearish pattern will likely be negated.

"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."
-John Adams, 2nd president of the United States
Old 03-15-2012, 02:59 PM

Numi, i would look at this the other way around since gold is in the driver's seat. i.e. if gold loses its bottom no way way silver can hold the ground.

If GSr's 50 DMA does cross under 200DMA (instead of simply bouncing) then the race is on. Until then i'd be cautious. We are only a few points away from either event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numisgold View Post

Silver's correction is 10-1/2 months old vs. golds's 6-1/2 months. It may have already met time requirements.

Last edited by Antimagnetic : 03-15-2012 at 03:07 PM.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icannotreed View Post
So, you think the bottom is in, Quad?
I would say the bottom is locked in with a weekly close of 1695 or better tomorrow.
Price must also stay above 1640 today and tomorrow.

"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."
Old 03-15-2012, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antimagnetic View Post
Quad, 3/10/20 for GSr is in bullish alignment on daily charts. Could be getting ready for a push higher. 50/200DMA is still in bullish mode, we bounced off of 200DMA recently and now are trapped between ~49 (50DMA) and 51.5(200DMA). If we break above 51.5 metals are done short/mid term. Move below 49 will confirm the short term bottom.

RSI on the GSr needs to turn back down and move under 44 in order to suggest further weakness in the ratio. A big spike in the GSR can be achieved by silver taking bigger hit vs gold. Collapse in silver lease vs gold rates may have been the key.

DYODD etc.

p.s.

AM,
I think if GSR sinks below 50 this correction is done. I would be concerned about further metal bullishness if GSR were to exceed 53.

Old 03-15-2012, 03:45 PM

As I read the forums I get a distinct feeling that about 30% of the posters are bearish and think the metals have topped and are set to crash. About 50% of the posters are bullish but would like the price to fall further to 'load up'. About 10% are calm cool collected firm hands, the other 10% are clueless.

So if markets almost always disappoint the majority 'crowd', it would make perfect sense to see the metals fly away soon.

This is not a technical analysis, but perhaps a psychological one.

Old 03-15-2012, 04:01 PM

SentimentTrader offers services that measure public opinion regarding various securties, from the S&P to precious metals. It's a pay service, and I don't have a subscription; but I've seen their work before and it's interesting....
Old 03-15-2012, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbasar View Post
Hi Quad,

Nice to read again your comments. I would like to ask one question; what should we expect for PM when US-Israel hit IRAN?

Somebody says US Dollar goes to da moon if Israel hits Iran and some people thinks PM will launch like balistic rocket etc.

What do you think Quad? If war begins what should we do?
Sell all physical PMs and buy US dollar or opposite of this.

Thanks in advance.
Have a good day.
RB
Crude will go ballistic.......pardon the pun.
The dollar will tumble, as we still import vast amounts of ME oil.
A majority of Iranian missiles are actually pointed at gulf state oil infrastructure. Land-Sea missiles will keep Hormuz bottled up for a while. Forget their subs, they're toast inside 24 hours. Mines are obsolete. The tough duty is taking out the land based missiles, that will take days, weeks.

You can bet multiple sorties of 52s will be headed out of Diego Garcia.

Old 03-15-2012, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad G View Post
As I read the forums I get a distinct feeling that about 30% of the posters are bearish and think the metals have topped and are set to crash. About 50% of the posters are bullish but would like the price to fall further to 'load up'. About 10% are calm cool collected firm hands, the other 10% are clueless.

So if markets almost always disappoint the majority 'crowd', it would make perfect sense to see the metals fly away soon.

An astute analysis there.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad G View Post

Solidly agree + 1
Old 03-15-2012, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antimagnetic View Post
Quad, 3/10/20 for GSr is in bullish alignment on daily charts. Could be getting ready for a push higher. 50/200DMA is still in bullish mode, we bounced off of 200DMA recently and now are trapped between ~49 (50DMA) and 51.5(200DMA). If we break above 51.5 metals are done short/mid term. Move below 49 will confirm the short term bottom.

RSI on the GSr needs to turn back down and move under 44 in order to suggest further weakness in the ratio. A big spike in the GSR can be achieved by silver taking bigger hit vs gold. Collapse in silver lease vs gold rates may have been the key.

DYODD etc.

p.s.

Two things to note about this chart.. the first W pattern that antimagnetic has shows a bullish several inverse HS or a bullish flag.. The second appears to have a topping hs bearish pattern.. could also spell a reversal to the downside.