Home Site Map

Go Back   Kitco Forums > The Markets > Silver discussion group
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2010, 03:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnojr View Post
How do you force PayPal to use your credit card?
You can't (at least according to the customer service rep that I asked a year or so ago).

And, there's no way to avoid their game when you change to use the credit card, where they have the 'cancel' button in the color normally used for the 'submit' button, and they occasionally change which button is on which side, hoping you'll accidentally switch to the bank account (where they make more money).

I'm sure that someone someday is going to start a class action lawsuit over that, as it clearly is designed to trick people into accidentally using their bank account.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:23 AM

Huh? Just take your time and watch what buttons you click on. I've had my checking acct linked to paypal for years and NEVER use it for payments. I use my checking acct to transfer payments made to me and my credit card to make payments to others. It's pretty simple.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:24 AM

Quote:
How do you force PayPal to use your credit card?
I closed the bank account I used to register my paypal account a couple years after registering, I was not happy with the bank. I removed the bank account from paypal and everything worked fine for years and still does.

I have 1 CC and 0 bank accounts on my PP account and I have access to all of the features.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by About AG View Post
You can't (at least according to the customer service rep that I asked a year or so ago).

And, there's no way to avoid their game when you change to use the credit card, where they have the 'cancel' button in the color normally used for the 'submit' button, and they occasionally change which button is on which side, hoping you'll accidentally switch to the bank account (where they make more money).

I'm sure that someone someday is going to start a class action lawsuit over that, as it clearly is designed to trick people into accidentally using their bank account.
Huh, I thought that maybe I could set the default to my CC, but Googling led me to:

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/we...cation-outside

Quote:
You may change the Payment Method at the time you make a payment by selecting a payment method on the “Review Your Payment” page. You may do this each time you make a payment if you do not have a Balance. If you have a Balance, you must use your entire Balance before you can change the payment method.

You cannot select a payment method for all future transactions, except that if you have been approved for PayPal Credit you may select PayPal Credit as your preferred payment method. You may do so by logging in to your Account, selecting “Profile”, selecting your PayPal Credit product, and then setting it as your preferred funding source.
Oh well, at least I know that, next transaction I'll change it.

I really, really dislike them having access to my checking account at all. I've heard too many horror stories. But in order to get the "eBay guarantee", I think you pretty much have to use their Paypal, so...
Old 03-09-2010, 01:58 PM

Quote:
I tried to delete my checking account, but got all sorts of warnings that that would make me "unverified".
That is what I did.

Everything worked fine even though i was "unverified".....EXCEPT unbeknown to me it imposed a spending limit until I became "verified" again. I didn't even know it until I reached the limit.

Rather that re-list my bank account, I signed up for one of the "paypal plus" credit cards. That got me verified again. The paypal plus credit card does not give any cash back, only "points" for who knows what. I had no intentions of using it. But they still play the game. No matter what you do to set another credit card as default, it automatically defaults to the paypal plus card. So you still have to remember to change it or the charge will go to it.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:10 PM

Default Timely Question!! Need Help ASAP!

Recently I "won" two Carson City Morgans. One arrived, beat up but with Liberty very clearly visible on the head band and In God We Trust in great shape on the reverse, the cc was small type and the coin had the feel that I am use to of years of collecting. I mean my grandpop use to drive the trolly cars in DC and back then people actually paid fare with Morgans. He would give us some every once in a while. So, I'm no novice to Ms. Liberty and the big round. Morgan No. 2 comes yesterday, in better shape than the photo, I looked over the records I paid $80.00 for it. This coin is no less than EF++ no if, ands or buts about it. I look that date CC, condition up in Coin magazine and it's almost a $300.00 coin. Here's the kicker, I bought some Chinese Morgans to see what sort of job they truly do. This one looks and feels just like one that came in from China the other day. Now the dealer is American, has a feedback of over 1000 positive, 100%. I read about the ice test here, the coin bites into the ice very fast, like a buzz saw. The coin does not react to a magnet, it does have a very loud metallic ring. I find it hard a seasoned dealer would let go of a Carson City in this shape for $80.00, is there any other way to verify it's authenticity? I need to figure this out fast, please help! - Whats Next
Old 03-09-2010, 02:41 PM

My feelings on this are.. If I was going to make a counterfeit Morgan worth several hundred dollars then I would create the blank out of 90% silver by melting down dimes. It would only cost you spot to create the blanks and the metal content would be perfect. My rule of thumb is if I have any doubts do not buy it. Just my opinion..
Old 03-09-2010, 03:18 PM

Default Thanks But..

The guy had over 1000 perfect transactions plus a "Top Rated" merchant ribbon next to his id. Why would there be a doubt? I've done real well on this site. Now this? If I had not possessed both "copies" and now this recent "prize" I would not have a question about it. The fact of the matter is the Chinese are real fond doing some research of that particular date for Carson City Morgans. Further I took possession and the feel was exactly the same as the fakes, not the real one that was received. What I am looking for is a definitive test for fakes. I sent the guy a note, "Hey what a DEAL! This coin is in such a condition that it is worth close to $300.00!, my, my and I only paid $80.00 for it, something don't ring well here, I think I will take it to my local dealer to have it appraised, do you have anything you'd like to say before I do this?" The words "ring well" means I dropped the darn thing and it sounded just like those steel or whatever copies. Not a real silver coin. It was a hint to the SOB that I'm on to him and he has a chance to make right before I get an expert on it. Anyone have a definitive test for silver? I don't - Whats Next
Old 03-09-2010, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsNextNow View Post
The guy had over 1000 perfect transactions plus a "Top Rated" merchant ribbon next to his id
This is probably why he didn't back out of the transaction. You would surely leave him an angry negative feedback if you were the high bidder and then he suddenly refused to ship you the coin. Sure he may have lost $40-50 on the coin, but that's not much of a hit compared to losing his perfect feedback. Sometimes there are deals to be had on fleabay.