Home Site Map

Go Back   Kitco Forums > The Markets > Silver discussion group
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2010, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asusenior View Post
Every market was down hard the last couple days (metals, stocks, energy), so why are you only singling out silver or gold as being manipulated?
Same thing I was thinking..The shorts positions have decreased, not increased..Silver IS NOT being tinkered with as much as it used to be..Theres alot of folks watching alot of things and some of the big players have taken a step away from it..The numbers are there and do not lie..I think this kinda talk may do more harm than good..Everytime silver goes down 20 cents it "jp morgan is doing a smackdown" Im like, Huh? Come on guys..
Old 05-05-2010, 12:54 PM

JP Morgan might be instructed to buy back their short silver position at any cost . America has said enough is enough. The price is going 3 digits soon. I feel it all over. 800/900 dollars an oz no problem. Say it and it will rise.
I can`t wait for everyone to get rich on silver. yes, even if all you have is a silver belt buckle.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:11 PM

Default It's mesmerizing

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnE View Post
I like silver - it's shiny and I can afford it.
On a clear night, with a full moon, take a silver round or bar and let the moonlight dance off it. I tell you it is positively spiritual. (and it causes hair to grow on your palms. )
Old 05-05-2010, 01:21 PM

thats pretty much word for word of one of my early posts. It`s nice to see I`m not the only lunatic buying silver just on account of I LIKE IT.

And as long as i CAN AFFORD it, i will continue to do so.

Something tells me that I do not need to be an expert in charts, markets,money and banking. buy silver enjoy it.

Something tells me that in 20-30 years I will not be dissapointed in my decision.
The most absurd apology for authority and law is that they serve to diminish crime. Aside from the fact that the State is itself the greatest criminal, breaking every written and natural law, stealing in the form of taxes, killing in the form of war and capital punishment, it has come to an absolute standstill in coping with crime. It has failed utterly to destroy or even minimize the horrible scourge of its own creation.
- Emma Goldman
Old 05-05-2010, 01:35 PM

Default 40 years and counting

I have been collecting Morgan dollars for a long time, back when a good one could be had for $2. Now a good one costs you upwards of $60. One in particular I got in change, (before 1964) and it lists for $285 today. All in all I would say I'm doing okay. I don't pay much attention to charts or whose being investigated for "selling short" or the economic situation in some sorry third world country or what the "spot price" is. Just mucking along and minding my business.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:51 PM

Talking SIVR looks oversold

Bought SIVR and PALL today.
Will hang on till new highs.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:53 PM

I recently acquired the entire Carson City Morgan set. Happy to have it for posterity!
Old 05-05-2010, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay View Post
On a clear night, with a full moon, take a silver round or bar and let the moonlight dance off it. I tell you it is positively spiritual. (and it causes hair to grow on your palms. )
Oh, wow, I am SO going to try that at the earliest opportunity!
Old 05-05-2010, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flathead8 View Post
buying silver just on account of I LIKE IT.
There's another reason?

Old 05-05-2010, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral child View Post
There's another reason?

there must be. Quite a few folks are verrrrryyy serious about it. I see lots of excitable individuals on youtube. and TV and radio.

So far I havent found a suitable alternative as a marital aid either.

I find it dificult to toss a handfull of contracts and stock information on the bed when wife wants to play " barbarian returns from battle". You need the jingle of silver to get the mood right.
The most absurd apology for authority and law is that they serve to diminish crime. Aside from the fact that the State is itself the greatest criminal, breaking every written and natural law, stealing in the form of taxes, killing in the form of war and capital punishment, it has come to an absolute standstill in coping with crime. It has failed utterly to destroy or even minimize the horrible scourge of its own creation.
- Emma Goldman