Home Site Map

Go Back   Kitco Forums > The Markets > Silver discussion group
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07Silverado View Post
Now that you did mention him, where the heck is he? I knew something significant was missing from this board!
I think life has just gotten busier for him and he doesn't post as much. I have seen him pop up very occasionally the past few months....haven't seen Rockwell for awhile either...I miss both!
Nor grow symmetrical in grace.
Such trees must battle doggedly
the blasts, and bear the scars.
‑Loyal Marion Thompson
Old 08-06-2010, 08:21 AM

Well....no sign of a manipulative smackdown in honor of the Non-Farm Payroll report so far. New York opens in two minutes....

Edit: 8:41am....certainly not a good NFP report

Disappointing NFP:

Quote:
July Non Farm Payrolls miss expectations, coming in at -131,000, way below the consensus of -65,000, yet the unemployment rate drops once again to 9.5% as even more people drop out of the labor force. Total Private Payrolls rise only 71k, on consensus estimates of +90k. The June Jobs report is revised majorly downward to -221K, from -125K, as the double dip gets yet another validation. The 2 Year Treasury just hit another fresh all time low of 0.5136%. More as go through the report.
‑Loyal Marion Thompson

Last edited by Stormdancer : 08-06-2010 at 08:44 AM.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:11 AM

Noticed gold taking off. Maybe a runup first? speaking of MIA members, anyone get a pm from Tartosa rescently? Miss his thread also.

where is Tartosa
"The Treasury should be refilled, public debt reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance."

Cicero - 55
Old 08-06-2010, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HedgeHOG View Post
Noticed gold taking off. Maybe a runup first? speaking of MIA members, anyone get a pm from Tartosa rescently? Miss his thread also.

where is Tartosa
Wow...that link took me back . I haven't heard from Tartosa and I'm a bit concerned...I miss his thread too...and him.

This run ($15.00+ so far) is encouraging and a total surprise to me. When this week began I thought we had a good chance of seeing $1160 again by today.

I'm not yet sold on the idea we've seen the bottom though. A few more days of steady to up action would get me started changing my mind but we're still in the depths of seasonal weakness and incentive to manipulate is very high. It's going to have to be convincing....but I gotta admit this is how it would start if the seasonal doldrums were to end early this year.
‑Loyal Marion Thompson
Old 08-07-2010, 01:33 AM

From Patrick Heller's article today (yesterday actually- warning- this is the punchline- to read the whole piece click the link):

Kevin Warsh, a governor of the Federal Reserve Board, in a September 17, 2009 letter to the Gold Anti-Trust Action Committee, Inc. (GATA), admitted that the Fed has current gold swap arrangements with other central banks.

So, it is possible for the prices of gold and silver to be held down while the dollar is falling and other commodity prices are mostly soaring.

But gold and silver prices cannot be suppressed forever. In fact, it does not look like they can be held near current levels very much longer. With major trading partners of the US government, who almost certainly helped perpetrate the manipulations, now closing out their COMEX gold and silver short positions at a record pace, that indicates that those companies expect much higher prices soon. You can acquire your gold and silver today, or maybe have to pay a lot more for it in a month or two—if you will then be able to find any to buy!
Old 08-07-2010, 03:16 PM
Banned

Oh yeah... it'll end soon - but at the same time it has been tampered with since 1918. Does this mean that somebody really believes that any government will go straight and literally stop all the corruption?

The prices will go up, but not because the governments are going to play nice.
Old 08-07-2010, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsken4562 View Post
Oh yeah... it'll end soon - but at the same time it has been tampered with since 1918. Does this mean that somebody really believes that any government will go straight and literally stop all the corruption?

The prices will go up, but not because the governments are going to play nice.
I agree....I do believe we're in a good place with silver, but it's going up in spite of governments, not because of them. It takes an educated, aware, activist citizenry to keep the government within its bounds and we've not done a good job of that for at least two generations.

I think that is changing...just hope the change is coming quickly enough.
‑Loyal Marion Thompson
Old 08-07-2010, 07:56 PM

Quote:
In gold everyone reduced their positions. Those that were long reduced their longs. Those that were short reduced their shorts. Even the spreaders reduced their spread positions

This is not normal behaviour and something big has happened.

Is it possible that many of the contraction in OI is the receiving of gold notices through the GLD? And not report on this?

Ladies and Gentlemen: the gold comex figures just do not pass the smell test. Something sinister is going on behind closed doors. The figures just do not add up. Maybe I am wrong
Harvey Organ

Ingots we Trust
Old 08-07-2010, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormdancer View Post
I agree....I do believe we're in a good place with silver, but it's going up in spite of governments, not because of them. It takes an educated, aware, activist citizenry to keep the government within its bounds and we've not done a good job of that for at least two generations.

I think that is changing...just hope the change is coming quickly enough.
Storm, I just saw this interview on www.theaureport.com/pub/na/7009 with the Shadow Stats editor, John Williams. He says we are approaching the abyss with a situation that will make Zimbabwe look like childs play. Here is a sample:

The government is effectively bankrupt. Using GAAP accounting principles, the annual deficit is running in the range of $4 trillion to $5 trillion. That's beyond containment. The government can't cover it with taxes. They'd still be in deficit if they took 100% of personal income and corporate profits. They'd also still be in deficit if they cut every penny of government spending except for Social Security and Medicare. Washington lacks the will to slash its social programs severely, to change its approach to ever bigger government. The only option left going forward is for the government eventually to print the money for the obligations it cannot otherwise cover, which sets up a hyperinflation.

We're going to have a much rougher time in the U.S., of all places, than they had in Zimbabwe... When people don't have food, you end up in very dangerous circumstances.

DayStar
Old 08-08-2010, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormdancer View Post
I think life has just gotten busier for him and he doesn't post as much. I have seen him pop up very occasionally the past few months....haven't seen Rockwell for awhile either...I miss both!
Rockwell!!! The guy who's posts sold me on Kitco. Definitely the board misses him. I think he got tired of some of the stuff that goes on. Sad, a great loss for the board. On the good news front Feral Child is coming back afaik.

I wish we could coax Rockwell back on to the boards. That guy was a real visionary.

Condemnation without investigation is the highest form of ignorance.- A. Einstein

Always DYODD. Do not take anything I say as a financial tip as it is not.

Where I got my name a funny video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRA_9_djcPo

Check out and contribute to the Rare Earths Thread!
Closed Thread