Home Site Map

Go Back   Kitco Forums > The Markets > Numismatic Discussion group
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2011, 02:55 AM

I was reading an article about the 1996&1997 Panda by Peter Anthony which mention about 1997 being the year Hong Kong return to China and the Hong Kong people thought about market crash,bank run and etc(sound familliar?) and people putting money into hard assets from coins and stamps and etc..Price crash because it is just based on speculation and 1996&1997 is the most easily available date of the pandas from the 90s...Because of the crash in 1997,the 1998&1999 are not in demand and thus explaining why it is difficult to get them..
Old 11-28-2011, 04:08 AM

Default double sealed or air-tite

Sorry, newbie here. Most Panda silvers from China Huayin gold and silevr coins come in a capsule (air-tite). Please advise if this is alright. Not many of their coins are graded so am wondering if it is alright to purchase from them. They have been recommended as trusted sellers in other forums. Your opinion please.
Thanks.
Old 11-28-2011, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcusboy View Post
Sorry, newbie here. Most Panda silvers from China Huayin gold and silevr coins come in a capsule (air-tite). Please advise if this is alright. Not many of their coins are graded so am wondering if it is alright to purchase from them. They have been recommended as trusted sellers in other forums. Your opinion please.
Thanks.
I have bought from Xu Hong before and he is one of the most reliable seller from China...All the coins I bought from him are double sealed...
Old 11-28-2011, 05:59 AM

There is a Panda silver1994 1 Oz. Munich Expo NGC PF69 going for $1300; mintage 2500. Is it too much?

Thanks for the advice.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:58 AM

Quote:
There is a Panda silver1994 1 Oz. Munich Expo NGC PF69 going for $1300; mintage 2500. Is it too much?

Thanks for the advice.
Are you asking as a collector or an investor or a flipper?
Old 11-28-2011, 10:23 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the advice.
Welcome Marcusboy.

I would compare prices first from other dealers and ebay to get a well rounded idea of value. Some items as Joe Public, Clawful, Makav31i and James007 are saying...are "flavors of the month club" items. So be cautious and guarded. We've seen them hype other years and medals. Xu is a great fellow to buy from and many of us have dealt with him and he honor's a return policy if there is a problem with any coins without question. Welcome and feel free to chime in anytime.

Clawfull: So right on that call. Many ms68's below raw prices and also some ms69's that Sejanus has been picking off recently. If POS continues to rise these gifts will be short lived.

Great to see you all back...
Old 11-28-2011, 11:20 AM

Hi, I am asking as a collector and investor. Thanks.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:29 AM

Oh, btw is it alright to buy from feebay if it is graded by NGC or can you also get fake NGCs?

Thanks.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:34 PM

Got my Panda Guide today, just skimmed through it but very impressed so far. I am glad I picked up a copy of it!
Old 11-28-2011, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Oh, btw is it alright to buy from feebay if it is graded by NGC or can you also get fake NGCs?

Thanks.
I believe the old standard of 'buy the seller as well as the coin' applies. Go with sellers with great feedback or that have been mentioned here in the past and you reduce your risk. The grading companies try to improve their holders to keep ahead of the counterfiet makers as well but in the end if you come across one if you went with a respect seller you should be able to return it. You should also do some research as to what you are looking for to see if you can locate the glaring mistakes that a fake might entail. If you aren't happy with the posting auction pictures and the seller won't provide good ones then just walk away.

A lot of us here use eBay to buy coins so it is a location that shouldn't be ignored.