Home Site Map

Go Back   Kitco Forums > The Markets > Silver discussion group
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 11:34 AM
Banned

100ob is starting to look right about $23 being a new bottom. I would have thought that Silver had a potential to sell off more.
Old 10-22-2010, 05:21 PM

GG

So did I.

Now I think if you can get sae at 24/2450 that would coincide with
slv dropping only to 21.62. Not very far away at this point.
Maybe 22.05 /22,12 on spot.
Gold dn to 1225/45 still viable.
If this does not occur then we all will miss probably one of the last buying opportunities for physical. Spreads may widen even further as we procede.
Old 10-23-2010, 01:39 PM

Default Nice post 100OB, supports my thoughts

which you, others and KITCO help me form

Archangel:

Quote:
When you thought that silver would not go below 15
the last time ,the market(Including a bit of manipulation to keep it going)
waylaid your technicals. We all realize anything can happen. Just your thought on this aspect would be appreciated
I remember when it was $10-11 during the crash, but the premiums were $5-$6 for SAE & SML. You could not get it in your hands for less than $15 unless you got junk or large bars. And you were still lucky coming off with it for $12-13. So in reality, on the ground, it could not be aquired for less - regardless of what the paper price was.

Cheers all,

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize
-Voltaire

Stand tall... or dont stand at all
-Argiros
Old 10-23-2010, 02:31 PM

sadly, the above is true. would have been great to score ASE for cheap, but no.
Old 10-23-2010, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argiros View Post
which you, others and KITCO help me form

Archangel:

I remember when it was $10-11 during the crash, but the premiums were $5-$6 for SAE & SML. You could not get it in your hands for less than $15 unless you got junk or large bars. And you were still lucky coming off with it for $12-13. So in reality, on the ground, it could not be aquired for less - regardless of what the paper price was.

Cheers all,
Argiros my memory is the same as yours. I made a significant purchase in Autumn 2008...on the way down...BEFFORE premiums were at their worst...and when spot was in the high $10.00 range the best I could do was $13.25. And that was for big ugly bread-loaf .995 bars....not coins.

The beginnings of the disconnect between paper and physical prices was evident then, and I believe, mild, compared to what I expect in the event of any similar correction we might see now. I'm very doubtful that a paper price correction will result in significantly lower prices for physical buyers of size from here on out.

I've read all the tales and braggodoccio surrounding purchases at the bottom and have to snicker just a bit. Yes, you may be able to snipe 5 or ten coins from a clueless seller on ebay or craig's list or wait 8 weeks for something from the NWTM....but buyers of size that demand immediate shipping will not have such luxuries.
Nor grow symmetrical in grace.
Such trees must battle doggedly
the blasts, and bear the scars.
‑Loyal Marion Thompson
Old 10-23-2010, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormdancer View Post
Argiros my memory is the same as yours. I made a significant purchase in Autumn 2008...on the way down...BEFFORE premiums were at their worst...and when spot was in the high $10.00 range the best I could do was $13.25. And that was for big ugly bread-loaf .995 bars....not coins.

The beginnings of the disconnect between paper and physical prices was evident then, and I believe, mild, compared to what I expect in the event of any similar correction we might see now. I'm very doubtful that a paper price correction will result in significantly lower prices for physical buyers of size from here on out.

I've read all the tales and braggodoccio surrounding purchases at the bottom and have to snicker just a bit. Yes, you may be able to snipe 5 or ten coins from a clueless seller on ebay or craig's list or wait 8 weeks for something from the NWTM....but buyers of size that demand immediate shipping will not have such luxuries.
It's true, the premiums were higher than now... at most places.

I can guarantee you that I was buying Canadian Maples for about $13/oz and reselling (on eBay) for between 70% & 100% profit after shipping & fees (not counting capital gains taxes that needed to be paid at the end of the year).

So, yes, some were paying crazy prices, but not everybody. Ya just gotta know where to look and who to buy from.
Old 10-24-2010, 12:46 AM

Default Tax on coins in Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsFan0521 View Post
It's true, the premiums were higher than now... at most places.

I can guarantee you that I was buying Canadian Maples for about $13/oz and reselling (on eBay) for between 70% & 100% profit after shipping & fees (not counting capital gains taxes that needed to be paid at the end of the year).

So, yes, some were paying crazy prices, but not everybody. Ya just gotta know where to look and who to buy from.
I was sure that there is no tax on coins in Canada.
Am I wrong or did you pay tax that you shouldn't
have? Cyclist has stated many times to own gold
coins over bullion in Canada because there is no
tax. Is this wrong ?
Old 10-24-2010, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowcommotion View Post
I was sure that there is no tax on coins in Canada.
Am I wrong or did you pay tax that you shouldn't
have? Cyclist has stated many times to own gold
coins over bullion in Canada because there is no
tax. Is this wrong ?
I don't know, I'm from the USA.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:58 AM

GG's, watch and learn.

maybe someday you will be able to make THE call.

Old 10-24-2010, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsFan0521 View Post

so you where selling them for $20+ when?
Closed Thread