Home Site Map

Go Back   Kitco Forums > The Markets > General Stock Market Investing discussion group
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2012, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanferr View Post
The nat gas ETF's in general are just garbage.
i wouldn't say that, i just made 16% on nat gas over thursday and friday using HNU.TO

the London Stock Exchange ETF's are all garbage, the american ones are much much better.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritfilled111 View Post
i wouldn't say that, i just made 16% on nat gas over thursday and friday using HNU.TO

the London Stock Exchange ETF's are all garbage, the american ones are much much better.
You can technically make money on anything in certain conditions

"We said simply that we were too old to trade silver, preferring to leave this enormously volatile metal to those younger and/or more courageous than we. We abhor volatility. It is our bane, and silver defines volatility. Thus, we do not trade it and have not and will not." -Dennis Gartman
Old 02-19-2012, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Givemegold View Post
On president's day? I am having ticker withdrawls, lol, do you trade a lot of equities on Presidents day?
Historicly the day after Presidents day you take short positions. Just sayin.
I just put the orders in, so they are sitting there and will be executed when the market opens on Tuesday. I sat down with a buddy of mine and we went through some stocks together and discussed them and so I plan to play with a couple of them. However, I was not aware of the long standing bearish tradition associated with president's day. I really do need to read the Almanack....

I shall hold off my orders until Wednesday, thank you.

"We said simply that we were too old to trade silver, preferring to leave this enormously volatile metal to those younger and/or more courageous than we. We abhor volatility. It is our bane, and silver defines volatility. Thus, we do not trade it and have not and will not." -Dennis Gartman
Old 02-19-2012, 11:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
I just put the orders in, so they are sitting there and will be executed when the market opens on Tuesday. I sat down with a buddy of mine and we went through some stocks together and discussed them and so I plan to play with a couple of them. However, I was not aware of the long standing bearish tradition associated with president's day. I really do need to read the Almanack....

I am tell you what I am buying on Tuesday. Some WRGL. Once again I can't help myself. LOL. I just don't know how much I want to invest yet. I like stocks like this because in a years time or less there is a good chance the outcome will make you very happy. I usually don't hold stocks very long but this one I am willing to take the risk. But one of my favorite stocks to daytrade is BPAX both directions. I have been playing that one a lot.

I also had an order for FREE on Thursday that I cancelled thirty seconds into the buy order. I am really kicking myself in the butt for that one. Oh well you want to win them all, but it never works out that way.

Last edited by Givemegold : 02-19-2012 at 11:42 PM.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:42 PM
Banned

Quote:

The latest Trend is if the dow or s and p or Nasdaq is positve on options redemption day before President's day then the day after Presidents day will be neutral, but if they are negative on that day then usually the day after President's day will be a bloodbath. The probability for a positive outlook the day after President's day the past ten years isn't good. But who knows what will happen. I will be watching and looking for opportunity on the down side.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:34 AM
Banned

Quote:

If you like cosi I think you would be interested in BPAX. There are rumors circulating that TEVA will buy out BPAX, since BPAX gained FDA approval for a drug. Rumors are suggesting it might be announced this week. A source is claiming lawyers on both sides are in the talks. Could be just rumors who knows, but I am a gambler and that is my style of trading. That is why I held bpax the last two trading days. If it happens I am sure I will be a happy man. With the new FDA approval of a drug for BPAX, it gives BPAX the opportunity to compete in a market well over a billion dollars sponsered by the insurance companies. IMO this stock will be going up this year.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:26 AM

Quote:
If you like cosi I think you would be interested in BPAX. There are rumors circulating that TEVA will buy out BPAX, since BPAX gained FDA approval for a drug. Rumors are suggesting it might be announced this week. A source is claiming lawyers on both sides are in the talks. Could be just rumors who knows, but I am a gambler and that is my style of trading. That is why I held bpax the last two trading days. If it happens I am sure I will be a happy man. With the new FDA approval of a drug for BPAX, it gives BPAX the opportunity to compete in a market well over a billion dollars sponsered by the insurance companies. IMO this stock will be going up this year.
I appreciate the tip, but that wouldnt really fit the mold of what I am trying to accomplish right now. I am practicing technique, rather than timing news/earning reports.

Old 02-20-2012, 10:15 PM

Hnu has been good to me, I hit the 10 year low or 3 pennys shy anyways, and again last week, everytime I buy I get lucky with plants ramping down, or good usage numbers. The risk vs reward seems good to me. But we are now going into shoulder season in March so beware.

Talisman energy {TLM} is looking good for a contranian investor. 50% gas 50% oil wait to get paid.

I put in my limit sells for the week about 85% of portfolio and stop sells about 15%. I see a little bump up this week for some than risk/sell signal hitz the market in these unsustainable toppy indexs esp. Dow and S an P.

What/when do you all see as far as crash/pullback timing. Good info here:http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/14630...t-into-market/

Anyone have Canadian stocks good for day trades/swing trades with big volume and lots of channeled volatility? Vittera {Vt} seems ok. or {Bxi} for the real speculators. Yellow pages was a good one last week, if it goes to .09 again, I might have to pull the trigger.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:24 AM

Quote:
The latest Trend is if the dow or s and p or Nasdaq is positve on options redemption day before President's day then the day after Presidents day will be neutral, but if they are negative on that day then usually the day after President's day will be a bloodbath. The probability for a positive outlook the day after President's day the past ten years isn't good. But who knows what will happen. I will be watching and looking for opportunity on the down side.
SP futures already trading up. Thinking about putting some of those orders back in.

EDIT: SP now down, DAX gapped down. Probably not going to be a good day for equities.

Last edited by Ryanferr : 02-21-2012 at 03:27 AM.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
SP futures already trading up. Thinking about putting some of those orders back in.

EDIT: SP now down, DAX gapped down. Probably not going to be a good day for equities.
CORT looks like a winner to the upside today. It is moving crazy up in before hours. Still haven't figured out why? No news has been posted about this stock. Obviously someone has some inside info..