Home Site Map

Go Back   Kitco Forums > The Markets > Gold discussion group
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2011, 05:16 PM

I started buying gold before it hit $800 a ounce and have not looked back. I do not need to be convinced or sold any more on whether its a good idea. Guess I am getting nervous as the amount builds. Those who have the gold makes the rules is fine but they can also change the rules to fit them and exclude or penalize you. I just do not think this has not been thought out and there is a plan in place to screw us when the time is right. I do not think in terms of confiscation but when you go to get credits,notes,whatever we end up using, we will not be allowed to benefit from our good judgement or get over on them. Maybe their gold will be "certified" while what we have will be "junk" or dirty" without their seal of aproval and worth 1/2 or less. I dunno,maybe a huge tax for conversion that will erase our gains. I just have this sinking feeling that simply purchasing precious metals and thinking we are going to come out on top is not going have the happy ending we hope for. I mean we already have their hands on our hips with all the comercials and infomercials and now even msm are talking gold up. Next I am just waiting for "this want hurt to bad".
Anyways, I also collect and play old Gibson,Fender guitars so at least I can enjoy my investments.

Last edited by JIMJAM : 07-28-2011 at 05:24 PM.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:49 PM

When gold was under $300 ten years ago, or even under $1,000 four years ago, those buyers may have also questioned who would possibly buy their gold at $1600/oz. We now know the answer.

Numisgold
Old 07-28-2011, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMJAM View Post
I just do not think this has not been thought out and there is a plan in place to screw us when the time is right. I do not think in terms of confiscation but when you go to get credits,notes,whatever we end up using, we will not be allowed to benefit from our good judgement or get over on them. Maybe their gold will be "certified" while what we have will be "junk" or dirty" without their seal of aproval and worth 1/2 or less. I dunno,maybe a huge tax for conversion that will erase our gains. I just have this sinking feeling that simply purchasing precious metals and thinking we are going to come out on top is not going have the happy ending we hope for.
Great post. I share the same concerns but you said it better than I could have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numisgold View Post
When gold was under $300 ten years ago, or even under $1,000 four years ago, those buyers may have also questioned who would possibly buy their gold at $1600/oz. We now know the answer.
Good point. So far, so good ...
Old 07-28-2011, 06:05 PM

This is why lots of folks recommend buying the 1/10's and 1/4's.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazmo View Post
the answer is in our history...

Chickens, salt, flour, drugs, tobacco, alcohol.. etc etc..

Gold and silver are for AFTER the collapse to purchase the NWO money.
If the collapses in Germany and Zimbabwe have shown us anything it is that gold is used DURING the collapse to purchase food and even luxuries.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:52 PM

Default need both

that's why you need gold and silver. silver is now well known to most everybody and should do for everyday needs. the gold will do for major moves for housing, land, etc. or to convert to a new currency. booze does have a few thousand history going for it also, and it's damn handy too.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:32 PM

So, the question ...who would buy at these or those future higher prices, that's just not giving fair consideration that these or those prices accurately reflect demand.

Right now we're at a time when the question is, who's going to pay these higher premiums? My local pawn shop for the first time ever is charging premiums on gold and silver bullion items, first 50 cents over spot for silver, and now $1.50 over spot.

So, their bullion inventory has grown a bit recently, and no more of these few guys coming in and buying ever single piece behind the glass. Before long these guys will give in and pay the premiums I'm sure.

The demand is high right now, people giving $100-$150 premiums on common circulated bullion items on eBay for example. I know, eBay takes those premiums away in fees, so you're really selling at spot.

If gold is destined $5,000 per ounce, I'm not worried at all as 'who's going to buy it', but would only hope I'm hip enough to know what level of premium I should get at the time.

Look at all the We Buy Gold signs out there. I'm sure a lot of retail businesses, like grocery stores, will begin to post signs We Accept Gold and Silver.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMJAM View Post
Simple question but I have been ask this many times by freinds,family and today a silver seller I met at the coin store. I had just bought 2 Gold Eagles MS69 graded for spot and was happy about it. He saw me count out all those hundreds and I heard another say, "I bet a ounce will be 5 grand in 2 years. Thats when he ask,"Who is going to buy them when you need to sell and get cash?"
I thought for a second and its not a bad question. Let say things do get bad, or not, and its time for you to get some FRN to pay bills,deposit,whatever.
You can send that $$$ worth of gold in the mail which hopefully be running and secure. Ebay,again if its up,you have internet access,USPS running. And back to the local coin shop. That is if he has not been shut down. I am sure if laws are enacted it will be a magnet for prying eyes and ears.
Now if laws are enacted to restrict or even ban gold sales that a whole nother worry.
Have any of you thought about later down the line having problems being able to get money be it,FRN or whatever paper they call money for your gold?
Yes, I understand bartering but again I cannot place all my faith in my a/c guy,dentist,mechanic,stores ect accepting gold for payment.
Ummmm...Kitco?
Old 07-29-2011, 02:22 PM

Smile

I believe the rules will all change for the most part if we continue to head in the direction we are heading. Guns, gold, silver, copper and other necessities of life will be in high demand. If more people like Joe 6-pack are introduced to PM's trading will be easier for all.
Gold and silver may be at a stabilized price and banks may accept it as payment or used as trade for homes, land and other big ticket items. Of course the gold and silver will have to be inspected and verified and sealed by an authorized testing agency which I see is coming because counterfeiting will be on a rise.
If all is well in the world I believe it will gradually increases with the economy I would be happy too. I think we will always have buyers or people who will one way or another accept payment in gold and other metals. Gold and silver were here thousands of years ago and will be with us to the end.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:17 PM

Like I said I started early and continue "yesterday" to buy gold but I just do not trust em. One of the main reasons I started. I believe the quote which I may have read on these very forums really got me stacking. It was a post about one's reluctance to buy gold and needed assurance. One replied to the effect of " If you think the Gov and politicians are going to stop spending, stick to a budget and begin operating responsibly, Dont buy gold. However, if you do not and feel things will remain the same or get worse, buy gold and precious metals at any price."

But back to my paranoia. Another thought I had was that I can see them ramping up the anti gold and new currency acceptance via the msm. Along with that a gold and silver counterfeit false flag. Some well publicized cases all over the media making a already reluctant population even more nervous about accepting or buying p metals.
Thats whats odd is that we here WANT something from the earth,weighty, with nothing from the Gov stamped or printed on it. The majority DO want seals,holograms and pictures printed on paper. to be their currency. Most I know say they would love to get rid of even fiat and go cashless alltogether. Its that kinda blind trust that puts us here in the first place. Ok, a quick reply turned into a short book........ Have a nice weekend all.