Home Site Map

 
Go Back   Kitco Forums > The Markets > Gold discussion group
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-24-2011, 04:34 PM
SuperMod SuperMod is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,868
Default After Correction, Big Rally For Gold & Silver: Puru Saxena

Our guest today is Puru Saxena of "Puru Saxena Wealth Management," here to discuss gold's parabolic rise and fall, the upcoming FED meeting in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, and news from the World Gold Council (WGC) that India's gold imports will reach 1,000 tons this year. For Kitco News, Daniela Cambone reports. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9ooAGmPkOE


Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-24-2011, 04:58 PM
Krank's Avatar
Krank Krank is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,320
Default

$7400 eh? That'll work.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-24-2011, 05:05 PM
SuperMod SuperMod is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,868
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krank View Post
$7400 eh? That'll work.
..............
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-24-2011, 05:14 PM
Holdfast Holdfast is offline
Banned Full
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,626
Thumbs up

Silver consolidating at these levels. Gold...probably more like 2700.

This guy is similar to Peter Schiff...H'e got brains!

2012 is going to be a good year for those holding pm

H
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-24-2011, 05:19 PM
Numisgold's Avatar
Numisgold Numisgold is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,287
Default

I get the impression Peru did this video before today's pounding of silver and gold. I wonder if this changes his views on silver as the suspected breakout now looks to be false?

Numisgold
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-24-2011, 07:55 PM
namwalker's Avatar
namwalker namwalker is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,656
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numisgold View Post
I get the impression Peru did this video before today's pounding of silver and gold. I wonder if this changes his views on silver as the suspected breakout now looks to be false?

Numisgold
I tend to agree with you. Exactly why, some of the comments that he was making about the Germans being reluctant to support the EU bailout. It sounds good about his prediction for the future of gold, but also what he says about the positioning of silver to take off from its current position. If Bernake announces anything resembling QEIII and buying banks assets to help BOA and the other big banks what incentive will the banks have to start lending to the public. Remember this was supposed to have happened under TARP and it didn't. Banks just sat on the money and between the squeeze on business from an uncertain business climate and the loss of jobs something is going to have to happen soon or all our kids and grandkids will start moving in the parents and grandparents.

The economy is faltering badly and there is no leadership currently forthcoming from either side of aisle in Washington let alone 1600 Pennsylvania Ave..

It's not looking to good and the only thing that is going to help us is PM. We are going to have to look to ourselves.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-24-2011, 10:01 PM
AmmoandOro's Avatar
AmmoandOro AmmoandOro is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 726
Default

The writting is on the wall, so to speak. We already know that China India Russia Brazil et al. are not going to stand for the dollar as the world reserve currency (the oil exchange currency) much longer. So what have they been rumbling about? A basket of currencies as the money of oil? Yet, how much do they trust each other?
The short answer is they don't and cannot trust each other, so any new world reserve currency will be anchored in gold. 20%-50%? I don't know, but it will have a golden anchor. It must.
__________________
Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron.
Dwight D. Eisenhower.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-24-2011, 11:26 PM
hidancity hidancity is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 315
Default

I remember his interview with Kitco in April.

The thing that sticks out in my memory, besides asking myself why is a guy named Puru hanging out in hong kong, was not that he was calling for a correction in silver but that he said that there was no shortage of silver disagreeing with guys like billionaire Eric Sprott, James Turk and others. And i do believe he was wrong on that point, and that's no small point when it comes to analysing the movement and demand for the white metal. Also, callingg for a correction in May wasn't unusual because alot of people were calling for a correct, sorry that he got hate mail, people need to get a life or just not listen to people whose opinions they don't like. But NOBODY I know saw what was coming. That wasn't a correction, it was "a drive by "shooting" as Eric Sprott called it. With all the diversity of pm analyst and professional traders being interviewed and blogging every week, I'm inclined to only spend my time listening to those that give the full story on the action of the metals.

All that being said, I can't find much to disagree with him on his views of gold and nothing he is saying is unique. I haven't been on the forum regularly this summer but I'm wondering if Kitco bringing their news stories to the forum is a new initiative? Interesting.

D. Carbone definitely has something going on but define it as good camera presence. She could make a good reporter after Kitco. But in general, I'd really like her to begin asking much harder and more poignant questions and better follow ups with her interviews. Too many guests make very broad sweeping statements without calling them on it.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-25-2011, 12:51 PM
Silver Dog's Avatar
Silver Dog Silver Dog is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,802
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by namwalker View Post
I tend to agree with you. Exactly why, some of the comments that he was making about the Germans being reluctant to support the EU bailout. It sounds good about his prediction for the future of gold, but also what he says about the positioning of silver to take off from its current position. If Bernake announces anything resembling QEIII and buying banks assets to help BOA and the other big banks what incentive will the banks have to start lending to the public. Remember this was supposed to have happened under TARP and it didn't. Banks just sat on the money and between the squeeze on business from an uncertain business climate and the loss of jobs something is going to have to happen soon or all our kids and grandkids will start moving in the parents and grandparents.

The economy is faltering badly and there is no leadership currently forthcoming from either side of aisle in Washington let alone 1600 Pennsylvania Ave..



It's not looking to good and the only thing that is going to help us is PM. We are going to have to look to ourselves.
You shouldn't expect government to solve problems in the economy because they are the ones that caused the problems to begin with. Why trust the ones that made the mess?


We wouldn't be in this mess if instead of allowing the idiots in Washington to solve our problems you allow the free market to solve our problem. Government is the problem not the solution. Each and everyone of us is the solution. We vote as consumers by what we buy. Let the free market sort this mess out. That is the natural law and that is what ultimately what will happen unless you want to be a submissive sheep and let the government suck out your life, liberty and your wealth. Why don't you choose freedom?
__________________
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc38/CyndiS400/Trophies/SilverTrophy1bullseye.jpg

Dog is my co-pilot.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-25-2011, 09:41 PM
Goldbrix's Avatar
Goldbrix Goldbrix is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Dog View Post
You shouldn't expect government to solve problems in the economy because they are the ones that caused the problems to begin with. Why trust the ones that made the mess? ....
Two fellas named Dodd & Frank pushed the bill to get street eurchins homes through No-Doc Loans. Backed by the "Full Faith and Credit of the UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT".

See how well that worked out.

Holders of Gold and Silver are just get hit with a more severe form of tree rattling, IMO.

I am staying the course.

"When all about you are losing their heads and blaming it on YOU..."IF by Rudyard Kipling Read It. Me and most of my Old Goat Buddies had to recite this poem when Public school wasn't so politically oriented.
__________________
Gb

College of Hardknocks - The most expensive education you can fail. The most rewarding when you succeed.

In the history of Mankind only 5% of the PEOPLE have been considered FREE in some form. Meaning 95% of all Mankind through out history have been SLAVES.

"The future ain't what it used to be". - Yogi Berra
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:57 PM.


Copyright@ 2007 Kitco Inc.