Home Site Map

Go Back   Kitco Forums > The Markets > Silver discussion group
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2011, 04:02 PM

Default What's happening at your LCS?

I stopped by mine around 2:30 today. She said nobody selling gold or silver today. Some people sold gold yesterday. They (LCS) were all on the phone trying to buy, gold, silver, and platinium, but not much success.

Where do LCS buy their PMs from other than walk ins?

Hanging in there.

J
Old 09-23-2011, 04:30 PM

Bought 40 buffalo's @ $2 over spot price of $32.15 (at the time) Dlr indicated he was selling a lot today but seemed to be unconcerned about the spot price.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:43 PM

Bought a bit of 90% today.
The shop had a line like I had never seen. Everyone buying.
I saw a Lafayette commemorative I could of had for a few hundred dollars but I didn't have the fiat. She was going to trade it for gold. Besides she was not in the store to do business with me and I could have messed up my connections.
Hate to do that for one deal!
Anyway:
$3k worth walked out the door in front of me...gold and silver was gonna walk out the door behind me.
Dealer stated everyone here is getting a good deal, he is loosing money on every ounce but he will keep selling as that is his business.
I suspect he is profit averaging and will make his profit back on the up swing...
Good people, I have been doing business with them for years.
They sell it if they have it...
Seems they may be out before the day is over based upon the amount of people buying.

Barack Hussein Obama
State of The Union Speech 2014
Old 09-23-2011, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chump Change View Post
Bought a bit of 90% today.
The shop had a line like I had never seen. Everyone buying.
I saw a Lafayette commemorative I could of had for a few hundred dollars but I didn't have the fiat. She was going to trade it for gold. Besides she was not in the store to do business with me and I could have messed up my connections.
Hate to do that for one deal!
Anyway:
$3k worth walked out the door in front of me...gold and silver was gonna walk out the door behind me.
Dealer stated everyone here is getting a good deal, he is loosing money on every ounce but he will keep selling as that is his business.
I suspect he is profit averaging and will make his profit back on the up swing...
Good people, I have been doing business with them for years.
They sell it if they have it...
Seems they may be out before the day is over based upon the amount of people buying.
This is good to hear...

Great Depression II, NWO, Economic Collapse, Mega Volcanoes, Mega Quakes, Mega Tsunamis, Global Warming, Ice Age, Earth Changes, Pandemics, Famines, Global Killer Meteors, Mega Solar Flares, Galactic Equator, Planet X, EMP, Armageddon, Executive Bonuses...

Paranoid? Not I...
Old 09-23-2011, 04:53 PM

local shop closed last week after they were broken into and robbed
Old 09-23-2011, 04:54 PM

My LCS was still selling Silver Maple Leafs for 3.50$ over spot, which I find very fair. I bought quite a few of them today because the last time a big dip happened, everyone bumped up the premiums so the "savings" to the buyer was nullified.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:57 PM

Thumbs up

Living in Sonora, my only LCS is Banco Azteca selling Libertads. They told me, and probably truthfully, that they had only 15 left, which I bought, 10 2002's and 5 1986's which I have never seen before. They were a bit scratched. The extremely cute and friendly teller told me that they sold a lot yesterday, and had bought these this morning. She is so friendly that even though it's not her fault, you can't grouch at her, it would be like grouching at your puppy for piddling on the linoleum. Libs were 496 pesos which was about 35 dollars or a bit less, depending on the price of Pesos, which I also got a stack of @ 13.6/1.

I will go back Monday depending on what the weekend brings, or maybe up to Hermosillo, the provincial capital, where they have 3 Azteca banks, and hit them all in a row like smurfs. I'm happy with my peso price, even if I only got 15 oz of silver.

tl,dr, Azteca Bank claims to be out of pesos, only had 15 left. Never seen that happen before. Peso price excellent
Old 09-23-2011, 04:59 PM

Im in the Los angeles area and a lot of people seemed to be buying big stacks.
Old 09-23-2011, 05:03 PM

I called about 6 places, no one was selling. I finally found a pawn shop not too far away and bought SAE for 35.00 each and Kennedy halves for 23 x face, not the best of deals but I just had to buy today, didn't want to feel like I missed the parade...lol
"Precious treasure and oil are in a wise man's dwelling, but a foolish man devours it." Proverbs 21:20
Old 09-23-2011, 05:16 PM

LCS here in Phoenix had Philharmonics at $4.00 over, $3.50 over for old Onzas and $1.75 over for generic bar silver.

Not bad, still beat the price that most online dealers had.