Home Site Map

Go Back   Kitco Forums > The Markets > Silver discussion group
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2011, 06:13 PM

LCS says there was no bullion or junk left. I think he was lying thinking there will be a rebound.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:16 PM

I bought 280 ozs at $1.50 over spot this afternoon. This was in the form of 10 oz bars. He only had four or five left. I also bought 256 ozs of junk silver for spot yesterday.

When you want to sell, you need to buy. When you want to buy you need to sell. That is hard for my wife to understand at the time of the purchase. But she is happy when she sees it go up.

They are using the power of paper to get the price down. When the dust settles it will start it's march back up. This is a great buying opportunity. If the scammers cover their short position, they may go long. Who knows.

I feel good about the purchases.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverleaf9 View Post
Bring it on Blythe, you magnificent bitch!
Had to salute that
Old 09-23-2011, 08:02 PM

On my way to LCS stopped at a garage sale. In the back of the garage they had silver for sale. The seller had no idea what spot price was, or what happened today.
I bought 20 Liberty Halves for $180. This was noon-ish and I didn't know where spot was at the time. Didn't make it to the LCS. Gonna go back to garage sale tomorrow morning - they have more!
Old 09-23-2011, 11:12 PM

My place in the St Louis area was not overly busy. I bought some maple leafs yesterday when it hit 36. Then went back today and picked up some ASE's for 34 each when spot was at 30.80. They seemed to have a good supply.

Mike
Old 09-23-2011, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBill View Post
Had to salute that
I just have to share as this popped into my mind:

[Outmaneuvering Rommel]
Patton: [referring to Rommel's book, 'Infantry Attacks' or 'Infanterie greift an']

Rommel... you magnificent bastard, *I read your book*!
Old 09-23-2011, 11:40 PM

Went in yesterday and was quickly told they were out of eagles and were bought out of generics went back in today to see if they had picked up some stock. Still cleaned out of bullion, plenty of numismatics.

Another local store which is much smaller was same story all out of bullion.
He had some Morgans and peace dollars he wanted 27 for peace dollars and 30 for the Morgans

I went home and got online and bought a couple tubes of buffaloes from prov....
Old 09-24-2011, 02:44 AM

Went to my regular LCS a few days ago before the crash and they were atypically "out" of any quality govt. issued silver rounds. They had some generic .999 silver rounds but I passed and walked out without making a purchase. Went to another LCS this morning and they were completely devoid of bullion. Will be trying a third option tomorrow and if not will probably go back to my regular spot and load up on .999 rounds. In SoCal.
Old 09-24-2011, 11:42 AM

I just returned from my LCS. I called him 1st to be sure he had some silver to sell. He said he was down to 9 rolls of Eagles left & about 20 of the 10oz bars in bullion. I bought 12 of the 10oz bars at $32.03 per ounce. That was $1.00 over spot & I am happy with that. I am 120 ounces better off today than I was yesterday.
Old 09-24-2011, 11:59 AM

Stopped at my LCS on my way to work yesterday, it was busy, but not crazy. Couple Indian women were selling some gold jewelry and some others selling coins. The rest were buying. I picked up 2 J&M 10 oz for 327 ea. and a few more NORFEDS. They always have plenty of Eagles, they get them directly from the mint.