Home Site Map

Go Back   Kitco Forums > The Markets > Gold discussion group
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2011, 09:00 PM

Spell check broken?
Old 09-25-2011, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by real money 28282828 View Post
Add to this please because itís a fundamental no one talks about.
That's not fully true. People have been talking about the demographic problem with entitlements since I've been in college and I'm 48 now. It's just that you have a hard time finding politicians to talk honestly about it, and those partisan games seem to dominate the news more so than previous decades, so the media doesn't talk about it much.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassplayer View Post
Spell check broken?
really? you have to stoop as low to insult my spelling as you are so perfect to not ever have a typo? and you should say "is your spell check broken" that would be proper
Old 09-25-2011, 09:04 PM

[quote=real money 28282828;1522333]
Quote:
Originally Posted by grinningdog View Post
Really? When was the last time the dollar died?[/QUO

sivil war was the first hyperinflation we had in america and the curency we used at the time regarduless of what it was called did die , its worth nothing, and manny times about every 30 years they have made changes and put out a new curency. did you attend history in high school?
Well lets see I am 72 years old and still using the same currency. Just because its not backed by pms does not mean that it died. I can still spend my gold certificates.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:06 PM

[quote=grinningdog;1522348]
Quote:

Well lets see I am 72 years old and still using the same currency. Just because its not backed by pms does not mean that it died. I can still spend my gold certificates.
its not the same you cant make a car payment with a silver or gold note can you? will your bank let you deposit a civil war note in your bank and call it a dollar? i think not
Old 09-25-2011, 09:07 PM

Default Boom!

I am part of the bomb, going to go for SS in a couple more years. and it's true there are millions of us and we vote. the politicos will listen and keep printing to keep the checks coming. sadly too many of my peers are not taking steps to protect themselves from the lost buying power of those checks.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coindog View Post
I am part of the bomb, going to go for SS in a couple more years. and it's true there are millions of us and we vote. the politicos will listen and keep printing to keep the checks coming. sadly too many of my peers are not taking steps to protect themselves from the lost buying power of those checks.
the check will get you enough money to put gas in your tank to drive to the bank and cash it
Old 09-25-2011, 09:09 PM

[quote=real money 28282828;1522353]
Quote:
Originally Posted by grinningdog View Post

its not the same you cant make a car payment with a silver or gold note can you? will your bank let you deposit a civil war note in your bank and call it a dollar? i think not
What a stupid statement. Yes I can make a car payment with a gold certificate as it is legal tender and a civil war note whatever that is was a century and a half ago.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thx1138 View Post
My dad worked hard all his life and died in his early fifties... He never got to build his cabin in the woods and retire...

My grandparents recieved three pensions between them plus social security and always owned their own houses and sold a farm receiving extra income from the payment.

They both died living in govt. housing, medical costs ate their nest egg in two years. ($80K)

Myself, I am a baby boomer and I am going to take my retirement next year.

Getting my place in the woods prepped right now, I can't wait until next year!

It's amazing what one can do when they break out of the system. 10 years in small business and I have the option to retire.

You can still have the American Dream folks, you just have to adjust it a little for the times.

Thx
Congrats to you. I'm behind the eight ball and hitching my wagon to Silver. It's a gamble I know, but with limited resources like your dad, I like my odds for major gains in a few yrs. Maybe sooner?
Old 09-25-2011, 09:14 PM

[quote=grinningdog;1522348]
Quote:

Ya I am not seeing "death of the dollar" in the next few years...