Home Site Map

 
Go Back   Kitco Forums > The Markets > Gold discussion group
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 09-25-2011, 10:18 PM
Thx1138's Avatar
Thx1138 Thx1138 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,727
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophiuchus View Post
It sounds like you have a very inspirational story to tell about humility. I was fortunate enough to have parents that carried me during my time of revelation, otherwise I could have been homeless myself. I believe you may be in a minority of people these days that actually educate themselves to elevate towards prosperity, I'd like to think I'm in that elite group myself. I totally dig driving around in my '95 Honda Odyssey that has been extremely well maintained. I hear Humble is the new Cool. "Can you Dig IT?" My Hummer is Silver and has no wheels, but it has promise for a better return on my investment in the future.
You know, it is surprising how quickly I was able to get things together. (Also, how quickly things went awry in the first place.) Within six months I had lost my job as an automation specialist, got behind in my house payments and was very lucky to cash out with anything.

I moved from So. Cal to Seattle, "location, location, location" are the three rules of being homeless too.

So, I came up here, lived in the weeds and eventually started a modest lanscaping company, literally with a rake. Cleaning up apartment buildings and knocking on doors...

Now after ten years in landscaping, being fortunate enough to have bought silver two years ago (of which I still have every ounce) and the RE bust, I can retire at least ten years early and will have something to keep myself occupied.

I live in an apartment now and will save $850 on rent next year.

You guys can and probably will do the same thing.

Let me know if you guys want the RE link, everyone talks about bugging out in case of SHTF, nice to have a place to bug out to and prep in the meantime.

It's fun too, and in the meantime I look forward to my prepper vacations.

Thx
__________________
http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss171/KitcoKontests/Trophies/Single%20Trophies/SilverTrophy1.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 09-25-2011, 10:26 PM
Legacy Legacy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 689
Default

[quote=real money 28282828;1522394]
Quote:
Originally Posted by grinningdog View Post

actuly no its not its illegal to even owen one. i run a business and i would never take a expired note that was suposed to be turend in or you are a crimanal
That law was lifted in 1964 for collectors.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 09-25-2011, 10:36 PM
real money 28282828 real money 28282828 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 330
Default

[quote=Legacy;1522490]
Quote:
Originally Posted by real money 28282828 View Post
That law was lifted in 1964 for collectors.
any and all curency can be a collectable the argument is that it is not a valid note that is used today.. the only thing more rare than a expencive collectable is finding a buyer dumb enough to buy it
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 09-25-2011, 10:58 PM
helopilot helopilot is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 637
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by revitup View Post
Very good point made in the OP. The boomers look like a beech ball moving through a garden hose. This anomolly is usually over looked. So to keep the old retired boomers happy in meda care/aid etc. the Fed must print, print, print and inflate so PMs must go up.
Social Security Act of 1983 increased SS taxes to have enough money on hand to pay for boomer surge. Congress promptly spent it and gave Social Security Trust Fund non-interest bearing paper IOU's that now amount to about 2.6 trillion dollars. Congress is bankrupt, not social security. Physical gold and silver held by you is the only safe haven possible.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 09-26-2011, 12:21 AM
qwerty qwerty is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,645
Default

>Social Security Act of 1983 increased SS taxes to have enough money on hand to pay for boomer surge. Congress promptly spent it and gave Social Security Trust Fund non-interest bearing paper IOU's

Exactly

Then they looted between 5 to 10 trillion in last year and transferred their loot to wall street bank accounts to create more debt.

the treasury paying interest on debt to banks is another form of looting

Are baby boomers a problem - yes
but no different than other age groups

without the mindless/sociopath drones, the NWO would never be able to destroy the economy so easy

will social security be looted (go bankrupt) - of course - because that is their long term plan anyway

most of the population lives in the matrix or simply doesn't care

Last edited by qwerty : 09-26-2011 at 12:27 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 09-26-2011, 12:59 AM
Silver Tongued Devil Silver Tongued Devil is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 247
Default

SS will remain intact because the people will demand it. It has minor problems with funding, but they are minor, and SS has a tax for funding. All they have to do is raise the tax a little and it will be in surplus.

SS is the same as PMs. Both are insurance against a SHTF scenario. PMs are insurance against a currency or sovereign debt SHTF scenario. SS is insurance against a personal investments tanked scenario.

I believe in both. Also, I believe in accumulating as much in other investments as you can during your working career. There is NO LIMIT to the amount of your paycheck that you can invest for the future. You have limitations on before tax contributions perhaps, but there is no limit to the amount you can save in after tax investments.

Do not make the mistake of thinking that some political party may get rid of SS and you will not have to pay the tax. Not going to happen; noone has even suggested it. They may get rid of forcing you to pay into a common pool as SS is now, but in the place of that they will force you to pay into an "individual retirement account" over which you will have NO CONTROL OF ANY KIND. When the markets tank, so will the value of your account. Too bad, so sad for you and your family.

Why do some politicians propose such schemes that obviously will not work? Because the banksters and wall street fat cats pay them HUGE amounts of money to do so. Do you really want to support a bunch of immoral, criminal banksters and wall street fat cats? Not me, thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 09-26-2011, 01:16 AM
coindog coindog is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 7,390
Default must be a lot

[quote=real money 28282828;1522509]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post

any and all curency can be a collectable the argument is that it is not a valid note that is used today.. the only thing more rare than a expencive collectable is finding a buyer dumb enough to buy it
well there must be a lot of them because the old or busted banknote business has really grown in the last 5-6 yrs. you could apply your argument to anything other than food or shelter yet a market for all kinds of other items exists.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 09-26-2011, 11:51 PM
qwerty qwerty is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,645
Default

>SS will remain intact because the people will demand it. It has minor problems with funding, but they are minor,

the NWO has been looting social security overtly since mid 80s with the objective of bankrupting the fund. most of the public really doesn't care. they only care about the here and now.

when they announce privatization of social security down the road, the final phase of the looting of the funds will begin

for people 45 years or younger, most won't have much of a retirement pot to p*ss in. on top of that, they will keep raising the retirement age and you will work till your 78 or more years old.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:58 PM.


Copyright@ 2007 Kitco Inc.