Home Site Map

Go Back   Kitco Forums > The Markets > Silver discussion group
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2011, 06:07 AM

Default Silver is Down @ Late 2010 Levels

There goes all your profit for 2011 if you didn't sell any on highs. Lesson learned for some I suppose. In this very volitile market an investor should consider selling on highs and buying dips, sometimes overlooked by long term investors. I know it's more difficult to liquidate physical when it's up but at the bare minimum a plan should be in place. A savy investor could of made a 30% return on money by just one sale in 2011. That's a pretty good year in any investment vehicle.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadilac View Post
There goes all your profit for 2011 if you didn't sell any on highs. Lesson learned for some I suppose. In this very volitile market an investor should consider selling on highs and buying dips, sometimes overlooked by long term investors. I know it's more difficult to liquidate physical when it's up but at the bare minimum a plan should be in place. A savy investor could of made a 30% return on money by just one sale in 2011. That's a pretty good year in any investment vehicle.

Dude....silver is over $30 an ounce. Even my kid sister is making money on this.

Gimme zee gold, Mr. Smith.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHyKDrGzn-I
Old 11-21-2011, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetZeeGold View Post
Dude....silver is over $30 an ounce. Even my kid sister is making money on this.
Glad she had the forseith and capital to get in pre summer 2010. Congrats
Old 11-21-2011, 07:03 AM

All these waterfalls, with the super committee on the verge of failure on cutting the Us debt by 1.2 Trillion dollars.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:11 AM

Quote:
No an INVESTOR should not be buying and selling, but holding.

A TRADER should have sold and bought.

Lesson learned?
Old 11-21-2011, 07:11 AM

$27.xx was my last buy in price. If we break that I'm good for 20 more ounces.

Also this week I get an extra 2 weeks pay since I am cashing in my vacation time that I never used for the year. Might look to score some Au with it to diversify.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medina View Post
No an INVESTOR should not be buying and selling, but holding.

A TRADER should have sold and bought.

Lesson learned?

Investors are only allowed to buy, I learnt sometime today; and here I thought those people were collectors.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu View Post
$27.xx was my last buy in price. If we break that I'm good for 20 more ounces.

Also this week I get an extra 2 weeks pay since I am cashing in my vacation time that I never used for the year. Might look to score some Au with it to diversify.
Any spot price even close to that number should be an all in buy for Silver. Don't wait for it to get to that magic number, be flexiable and take some holidays, for life is too short sake lol.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Investors are only allowed to buy, I learnt sometime today; and here I thought those people were collectors.
I have some difficulty calling anyone that buys PMs an investor. PMs don't return dividends, the only way you will eventually turn a profit out of them is by selling which is being a TRADER.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp View Post
I have some difficulty calling anyone that buys PMs an investor. PMs don't return dividends, the only way you will eventually turn a profit out of them is by selling which is being a TRADER.

investor

Definition
An individual who commits money to investment products with the expectation of financial return. Generally, the primary concern of an investor is to minimize risk while maximizing return, as opposed to a speculator, who is willing to accept a higher level of risk in the hopes of collecting higher-than-average profits.

I don't see anything about dividends in that definition, maybe I need to put more time into my studies of this vocation.