Home Site Map

Go Back   Kitco Forums > The Markets > Silver discussion group
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2011, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadilac View Post
investor

Definition
An individual who commits money to investment products with the expectation of financial return. Generally, the primary concern of an investor is to minimize risk while maximizing return, as opposed to a speculator, who is willing to accept a higher level of risk in the hopes of collecting higher-than-average profits.

I don't see anything about dividends in that definition, maybe I need to put more time into my studies of this vocation.
As I said, it's my personal view of the matter. I see myself as a trader, I buy PMs to resell them at some point down the road. A financial return and a profit are the same, depends if you see it with a mercantile eye or an investor point of view. I see a financial return as interests or dividends but that is my own point of view.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp View Post
As I said, it's my personal view of the matter. I see myself as a trader, I buy PMs to resell them at some point down the road. A financial return and a profit are the same, depends if you see it with a mercantile eye or an investor point of view. I see a financial return as interests or dividends but that is my own point of view.

When I think trader, I automatically think day trader king of the flips. A trader who doesn't look toward dividends just pure profiteers.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:11 AM

Quote:
When I think trader, I automatically think day trader king of the flips. A trader who doesn't look toward dividends just pure profiteers.
k, well you can label me as a months or years trader then.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:13 AM
Banned

Trading for quick ca$h may work for some or for a while but eventually you end up with a very high dca, say in the 40's when the BIG one hits and it drops to say the 20's or lower taking all the quick profits that you thought you made and reinvested too with it; no thanks I'm content sitting on my dca of just over $5 an Oz and sleeping well every nite.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obediah View Post
Trading for quick ca$h may work for some or for a while but eventually you end up with a very high dca, say in the 40's when the BIG one hits and it drops to say the 20's or lower taking all the quick profits that you thought you made and reinvested too with it; no thanks I'm content sitting on my dca of just over $5 an Oz and sleeping well every nite.
You must be happy there are traders though, your silver would never go up 30% in a year without people taking risks.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Any spot price even close to that number should be an all in buy for Silver. Don't wait for it to get to that magic number, be flexiable and take some holidays, for life is too short sake lol.
You sound like everyone else I know. I graduated college in 1996 and have only taken two vacations (one of them by force)

I'm a simple guy. I prefer the fiat instead.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp View Post
I have some difficulty calling anyone that buys PMs an investor. PMs don't return dividends, the only way you will eventually turn a profit out of them is by selling which is being a TRADER.
I consider stack increases achieved through GSR swaps to be dividends.

EG
Old 11-21-2011, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspressoGuy View Post
I consider stack increases achieved through GSR swaps to be dividends.

EG
Or selling privately with a premium added on is like a dividend of sorts.